1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The new M&S ad

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Sep 10, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Lovely ad,great music and lovely narrative. However,failing miserably as an ad for me as I must have seen it about 3 times before I paid attention to the fact it was for M&S. I was actively watching the storyline and enjoying it but I was switching my attention off the second after the woman met up her date,therefore missing the M&S logo.
    I did not even come to the M&S realisation by myself,it's only because my husband said "I see that the models got sacked from M&S" that I realised it who the ad was for!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Lovely ad,great music and lovely narrative. However,failing miserably as an ad for me as I must have seen it about 3 times before I paid attention to the fact it was for M&S. I was actively watching the storyline and enjoying it but I was switching my attention off the second after the woman met up her date,therefore missing the M&S logo.
    I did not even come to the M&S realisation by myself,it's only because my husband said "I see that the models got sacked from M&S" that I realised it who the ad was for!

3. Agreed, I thought they were more like the adverts for next. and the end doesn't seem to connect with the rest if the advert I agree with you there.

4. Have you got a link?

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sorry no. It's the one with Mrs Jones as a soundtrack.

6. I've just found one called The Date with Be My Baby as a soundtrack. I have seen it (I liked the red dress) but like you, had no idea it was for M&S!

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

The one I'm speaking about is the Rendez-vous.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Saw it tonight and thought someone would start a thread. Shame the bloke didn't make much effort!!

10. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I only ask as a conditioned response to advertising but.
    Does anyone else know the word 'nunty'?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well I do now!

12. Why did the models get sacked?

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I think my husband meant that M&S was not using the famous faces that had been in the ads in the last few years (Twiggy and others).

14. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

this is nunty
    A bit harsh for M&S but by carefully getting the combination incorrect and not washing much it can be done.

15. Ah, gotcha.
    That woman's not very attractive, and I didn't like any of the clothes. I used to like the ones with all the models.

16. To me it seems as if the bloke she actually has a date with is no older then the mannie at the bar, he just has more grey hair - he's not a credible 'oldie'.

17. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I've only seen the one where she is getting ready to go out and trying on lots of clothes (I'm assuming there may be two ad's from what has been said).
    I thought it was rubbish - not a patch on M&S's previous efforts.
    And that coy look she gives him when she's opened the door - oh dear...
    My verdict: bleughh!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That's the one where she spends hours trying to find an outfit and makes a real effort to look attractive, and he just puts on a DJ. And the way she looks at him - look at me, how gorgeous I am, aren't you lucky!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

He's not even done his top button up. And he looks about 15 years younger than her.

20. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Well I like the 'Me & Mrs Jones' one. Lovely music, lovely lady, gorgeous guys.........and hope for us 'oldies'!!!!
    Brilliant. Love it!