1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Naughty Bus - Book Week

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by spanbo, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I have recently seen this book and love it and our school has decided to do it for book week as well as deciding to observe us in the same week!!! I have lots of ideas for literacy but am struggling with creative and KUW ideas and was wondering if anyone else has used this book and could share some ideas.
    Thanks.

2. I have recently seen this book and love it and our school has decided to do it for book week as well as deciding to observe us in the same week!!! I have lots of ideas for literacy but am struggling with creative and KUW ideas and was wondering if anyone else has used this book and could share some ideas.
    Thanks.

3. How about some sorting and noticing differences between vehicles, could do some role play being on a bus journey, creating music for different parts of the story, something I did for a book was to find some classical music for different parts and we discussed the music chosen

I haven't used the book in class but love it. How about setting up own version - Naughty.... or just setting up different situations with a naughty vehicle and letting the children take photos - you could do a class book?

4. www.youtube.com/watch

I used this video in our Reception class last week. It's great for discussing where the naughty bus might go in our classroom, or just as a fun video for the children to watch - they loved it.