1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Nathan Philipps Incident

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Scintillant, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I have no doubt things like that happen all over America every day.

They have a racist president - why should his supporters be any different.

3. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

There are lots of ignorant, stupid and poorly educated people in America and elsewhere around the World.

silkywave and HelenREMfan like this.
  4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Yes. For the first few moments I thought this was just a bunch of rowdy kids until Dr. Sweets there started trying to stare Mr. Phillips down and they became more belligerent:

Thankfully their school has apologised and will be taking some action against these yobs.

5. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Why was a Catholic school bussing schoolchildren to an anti-abortion march in the first place?

6. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Why not? Roman Catholics are opposed to abortion.

nomad and Timothy_Blue like this.
  7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..and their parents are paying for the privilege of them becoming that way - those boys are from a private male-only Catholic school.

8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Lead commenter

Nathan Phillips, interviewed afterwards said he had, "fear for those youth, fear for their future, fear for their souls, their spirit, what they're going to do to this country."

9. MAGAorMIGA

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Chanting "Build the wall, build the wall".

Pity the native people's didn't do that and keep the likes of this scum out.

I find even pictures of the whole incident difficult to look at. The smug sense of entitlement and arrogance on that idiot kids face, if ever a face needed a slap...

I note that the American press are making a big thing about Nathan Philipps being a "veteran". So what? I think that is deflecting from the full picture that some privileged a-hole kid thinks he can get away with that behaviour to anyone at all, he sums up the worst divisive aspects of America.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So here is the video of the Indian man approaching the students as they were engaged in their own cheer.

https://twitter.com/mariajudy_/status/1086681831804674048

upload_2019-1-20_12-43-3.png

And here is the video of the guy on the edge of the students

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1086861670859759616
    upload_2019-1-20_12-44-7.png
    And before anyone goes ''Mike Cernovich, urgh alt-rhgt' please note I don't ''follow'' him.

And the student response is largely to dance along and cheer... act like teenagers usually do... no nasty words said, no ''build a wall'' chants or anything... and one lad engages in a stare... as if staring is now a crime...

Really are we falling for this? This is an utter non-story...

If someone came up to a gathering of me and mine, started chanting and banging near us... yeah I'd be impressed that my restraint mustered a ''stare''.

vinnie24, Timothy_Blue and artboyusa like this.
  12. MAGAorMIGA

A number of people are now backtracking - it seems Nathan Phillips approached the boys, who did no more than stand there. A full-scale Twitter war has now broken out!

nomad and artboyusa like this.
  13. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Veterans in Amercia seem to be venerated and seen as heroes - and perhaps should, therefore, be treated better than mere mortals??:eek::rolleyes:o_O

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] Lanokia! I was going to post those vids. I was going to say that stuff. And now you jump in and take it all away from me. Grrrrrrrrrr….

I must say, it's scary to see again how unquestioning and easily led so many people are. Show them some "news" that reinforces their existing, though unoriginal, opinions and they start drooling like dogs in a Russian laboratory.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    lanokia likes this.
  15. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

16. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Maybe if you've made a personal sacrifice so that others can continue to lead their selfish lives uninterrupted, that deserves, if not veneration, at least some respect.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  17. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I knew someone would defend it.

coffeekid likes this.
  18. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

19. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

And there probably have always been. The difference seems to be that now that ignorance is something to be celebrated, something to be proud of. Very depressing.

The native americans have a far more intelligent way of viewing the world. They were all but wiped out, condemned to live on reservations by hordes of immigrants and are now mocked for their stance by those who proudly continue to destroy the environment.

coffeekid likes this.
  20. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

There really is some kind of correlation at play.

coffeekid likes this.