1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The NAHT’s readiness to work with us, rather than use the media to scaremonger...

Discussion in 'Education news' started by MrMedia, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Nick Gibbs' breathtaking chutzpah.

I believe he has ordered that everything stay the same and that Year 6 teachers have an extra two weeks to undertake is it 1,120 assessments per class?

Still, this means that when the D of E uses the media to scaremonger...

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

NAHT have emailed members to say they have gained some concessions notably over the date for TA submission and that further clarification will follow. Every little helps........ otherwise the government will just treat us as they are treating the doctors and carry on anyway.

3. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

Oh yes, the government has been so kind to teachers since 2010 and not introduced reforms without consultation...............oh hang on!

4. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

5. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

He so didn't write that letter as well. Have someone ask him questions about the content. Ten pounds says he hasn't a scoobie and just signed it.

6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I agree they haven't been kind at all but I don't think they'll give in over everything. Well done to Russell Hobby for getting something!