1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Maya KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fajardo, Dec 15, 2016.

1. fajardo

fajardo New commenter

Dear Primary School Teachers,

I haven’t used TES much, however in the past I have benefited from other teachers’ resources. I feel it is fair I give something back: I am in the process of preparing a booklet for the Maya using text books for teaching History in Mexico (yr4), as well as books on the Maya and my encyclopaedia. So the information comes from very reliable sources.

I am from Mexico, I studied the Maya there when I was in Primary Education, and in any of the many trips I did to the Maya archaeological sites/museums. I feel a renewed passion for my heritage. I have visited many neat and not so neat settlement sites a few times and I lived in Cancun for a year. My perspective is very Mexican!

I have started to offer hands on workshops. I have delivered 13 sessions on the Maya numbers, aimed at KS2, with games and checking all children understand (33 pupils has been my biggest class). I have challenges for many levels.
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Another activity is for each child to make their own necklace. Currently I have 100 authentic pendants, hand made by an artisan in Cancun, which we will use tomorrow for the first time! I continue to develop ideas, material, resources etc.

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]