1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The May 31 deadline . . .

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by TheoGriff, May 8, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

May 31st is the deadline for teachers currently in post to hand in their notice, so schools will be recruiting over the next few weeks to beat the deadline.
    Then after that deadline, they may find that their staff have handed in their notice, so have vacancies to fill for September. We can expect more vacancies to be advertised in early June.
    Be prepared for the ad for the job in the school of your dreams!
    Two of our most popular TES Weekend Workshops are running again on this Saturday 12 May
    Winning That Teaching Job - get your application right, get noticed and perform well at interview -
    www.tesweekendworkshop103.eventbrite.co.uk
    Interview Coaching - Improve your performance, showcase your skills and give a professional impression (a group workshop with a maximum of six attendees) -
    www.tesweekendworkshop102.eventbrite.co.uk
    These are each half a day, and are held at the TES Headquarters in Holborn, Central London. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, and do practical exercises to help you see what you need to do to stand out of the crowd.
    For the seminar, It’s not a load of people sitting in a hall; there are a group of you, sitting round a boardroom table, so you can feel relaxed and ask questions.
    Here are some comments from people who have attended our seminars:
    • Frankly, the best delivered seminar I have ever attended.
    • This has been a very useful and well organised seminar with practical tips for improving the difficult task of selling yourself
    • Excellent advice, very helpful for executive summaries
    • This has been terrific and has really met my needs.
    • This was particularly useful for writing a personal statement
    • The pace was perfect and unlike some CPD activities, the practical sessions were enjoyable and useful
    • Fantastic presenters, very useful, highly recommended
    • Fabulous, really helpful!
    • I followed what I learnt on the seminar and have just landed my dream job!
    • After attending your course I have just accepted my first teaching post.
    • Since attending the course I've applied for two positions, and am shortlisted for both.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry you think that, Middlemay.
    But look what someone has just posted:
    Dear Theo - I got the job! (Plus evidence of why going to the TES seminar is a good idea)
    The next one is on Saturday - you should really consider it.
    Sat 12th May AM only - www.tesweekendworkshop103.eventbrite.co.uk
    Get on a train, get on a bus, get on a bike - Boris Bike stand just outside TES office!
    Best wishes