1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The masses, the left and the RWNs (righ wing nationalists)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Eureka!, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I must say all these migrant threads are very tiresome to read because poitions are so entrenchdand so little progress is made and light shed.

Let me make it very clear that my political affiliations are "left" in terms of my aspirations for the human race.

But on the other hand the RWNs do appear to be feeding off the inability of many leftish posters here to admit some facts about the masses. A large chunk of the population, at least half, are rather against being generous to the current wave of migrants and are fearful of issues such as overcrowding, culture change and so forth.

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  2. Joe_Pubes

Joe_Pubes Senior commenter

Why don't you shed some light by answering my question - who are the RWNS?

That's because

[​IMG]

3. Grabthar

Grabthar Established commenter

And terrorism. You forgot terrorism.

Interesting that you should choose a picture of Napoleon for your avatar. I know he was supposedly a leftie, but he was actually more like (sorry, but invoking Godwin's Law so soon in a thread is inevitable here) Adolf Hitler in his thirst for conquest and ruthless treatment of people.

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Interesting that you see yourself as a Liberal, 'Joe' ....

5. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Do you want me to label posters as being RWN? I feel it would contribute little and create a side show but if any poster asks me whether I think they are a RWN I will happily say so.

6. Joe_Pubes

I see myself as a classical liberal. The others are the pigeon.

7. Joe_Pubes

Is it necessary?

Yes I'm sure you would. To the left anyone is a RNW if they disagree with them. What a lot of RNWs there are.

8. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I do not intend "rIght wing nationalist" to be a derogatory term!

9. Joe_Pubes

What do you intend it to be then?

10. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

A handy label for people who hold views drawn largely from a certain set of ideas.

11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I would imagine you have some evidence to support your assertions about the numbers who are rather against being generous to the current wave of migrants and fear the consequences, since it's unlike you to speculate. I'd have though that if at least half of the country are as apprehensive as you suggest, politicians would be buzzing around like blue-***** flies to alleviate the nations concerns before the riots start.

We have on this forum at the moment, no more than a handful, a baby's handful at that, of right wing extremist trolls and their socks who are attempting to whip up trouble. They don't represent the views of the majority, who I would suggest fall either slightly right or left of centre.

It's impossible to have a sensible debate on any topic related to government policy so long as it gets sidetracked into the single issue that UKIP want us to discuss, using the conventional divide and conquer techniques that blighted politics in the past. Only idiots fall for it these days, which is why it's so embarrassing to find these tactics being so prolifically employed on a forum intended for educated people.

I don't know how many times TES will need to ban the idiot and his socks who starts all the divisive threads, but I feel certain they will do so again before long. You can't argue with a thick-skinned, punch-drunk, one-trick pony, who lost every argument he ever attempted to defend and comes back for more.

If I had the money, I'd pay to give him the chance to lose his virginity, then maybe we'd get some peace.

12. Joe_Pubes

I think there are a lot of trolls here trying to disguise it by calling other people trolls. Or maybe there isn't. Could be just a small handful changing their socks frequently.

13. Joe_Pubes

Are you a UKIP member in disguise? You seem to mention them on almost every thread. You're not secretly trying to promote the party are you?

14. Joe_Pubes

What ideas would those be?

15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

This is an article by Mark Easton of the BBC, written at the time of the media showing the images of the dead toddler washed up on Greek shores...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34176851

16. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Well, nationalism can take a sort of left wing form - e.g. the Scots Nats and Plaid Cymru where left wing social policy and a welcoming attitude to immigration occurs; or right wing - e.g. UKIP where right wing social policy occurs with a wish to curb immigration.

Nationalism can also take extreme right wing form such as the EDL, where majority or original race starts to become a big issue, as well as extreme right wing social policies. I'm sure there are parties and individuals who mix and match , but the notions of nationalism, left/right social policy and left/right immigration policy are pretty much agreed terms in common usage n'est-ce pas?

Having said that, I think UKIP supporters have been unfairly labelled as being more right wing than they often are - though I reckon many of the activists were very right wing on race ,immigration and social policy. It is certainly possible to be right wing on these issues without being out and out racists. Many on the left are poor at recognising this fact, though I do believe if you scratch the skin of SOME apparently moderate right wingers you will find a more extreme one. Sometimes.

17. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

I'd have though that if at least half of the country are as apprehensive as you suggest, politicians would be buzzing around like blue-***** flies to alleviate the nations concerns before the riots start.

I presume you have noticed Cameron has not opened the borders to the Calais people and has only agreed to allow a 20,000 Syrians over three years. That suggests he is somewhat concerned about the electoral implications of exhibiting a more liberal attitude to migration.

18. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Never has.

19. Grabthar

Grabthar Established commenter

Is it any wonder when this sort of thing happens?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mic-group-despite-having-2-pupils-Muslim.html

Are they Islamophobes? Bigots? Or just people who don't want every corner of our country taken over?

20. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

You just picked the surname ***** out of a hat.