1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Magic of the FA Cup

Discussion in 'Personal' started by -, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Guest

Dover 2 Aldershot 0

You can stick your Premier League all seater stadia.
    4000 fans on the terraces on a freezing night, dreaming of a tie against one of the big boys.

Non-league Dover win through to the next round against league club opposition and can dream of facing Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal.
    What a night from the mighty whites.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Dover 2 Aldershot 0

You can stick your Premier League all seater stadia.
    4000 fans on the terraces on a freezing night, dreaming of a tie against one of the big boys.

Non-league Dover win through to the next round against league club opposition and can dream of facing Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal.
    What a night from the mighty whites.

3. I can only imagine how cold it must have been but well done Dover.
    I'm hoping that F.C. United are drawn against 'the other' United and, having won their replay, go to Old Trafford. Now THAT would be fun...especially for us City fans:)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I was listening to an FC United fan on the radio say that they would not go to Old Trafford if that happened.
    They refuse to put one penny in the pocket of the Glaziers.

5. That makes sense, in a very honourable way.
    Well, if they do Brighton in the replay, I hope they get a home draw against Utd or another premiership side (but not City - please!!!).
    What would be your ideal draw for Dover, Dereck?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Its got to be a big London club away. Not too far to travel and the club makes lots of money.

Arsenal would be ideal as our manager Martin Hayes used to play for them and our star Striker Birchall played in their reserves.
    I would like QPR as I used to be a Rangers season ticket holder when I lived in London.

7. I'd hold out for Arsenal.
    I've spent many miserable hours at QPR watching my other team (PAFC) suffer.
    *curses Holloway for so many reasons*
    Mind you, the pub nearby used to be a great place for away supporters.
    Good luck, anyway!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

So we lost 2-0 to Huddersfield, but had a great day out.
    1500 travelling fans singing their hearts out from start to finish. Thats not bad for a conference south side.

The FA cup is a special competition.

9. Arsenal will not be in the next round

Looks for Tongue sticking out emoticon

10. Realises the age of the thread and hidea

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

My wee team (Scottish 3rd division) played Celtic (top of the Scottish Premier League) in the Scottish cup today.
    We lost 0-2, but what a cracking atmosphere. Freezing cold though. Took my a good half hour to defrost my feet in front of the fire!