1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Mafia Academy Trust

Discussion in 'Personal' started by stmha, Oct 4, 2015.

1. stmha

stmha Established commenter

So morale low. Teachers about to leave in their droves. Failing schools remove heads.

The academy programme is certainly having an impact.

Why would we ever question their legitimacy. We know that most academies will employ services of private companies owned by...yes you got it...the executive members of academies, we know that after year one suddenly the budget of each new school gets transformed due to the previous waste of the previous head. We know the executive board of some of the biggest trusts even have high ranking union officials (not bad when the union is diametrically opposed to the academy programme).

So teachers stop complaining. Otherwise, like many of our hard working heads, you too may disappear never to be seen in a classroom again

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

That's the government's programme. The preference for QTS bods will persist only until there academies and free schools are in the majority, then it's TAs all round.

stmha likes this.
  3. stmha

Or they could just bring in the army

4. Vince_Ulam

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Not all TAs... there'll always be a cream of QTS at the top, in air-conned offices, glorying in their righteousness.

6. Vince_Ulam

For a little while, until they are knocked off their perches by an army of HLTAs, the Uruk-Hai to the TA's Orc.

[​IMG]

Many Shuvs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

stmha and lanokia like this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah so you've met my SLT then I see.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Now where is that quote from... rings a bell.

9. Vince_Ulam

Don't cheat. You'll awaken and recall sometime around 3 a.m. with a sense of achievement, at least.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  10. Vince_Ulam

Age is approximate but I thought kitten heels were standard for SLT.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ghostbusters! Lewis Tully... the nerdy character possessed by ghosts from ancient babylon!

12. Vince_Ulam

By the demi-god Vinz Clortho:

Ghostbusters: One of the all-time greats.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    stmha likes this.
  13. stmha

Maybe using the same idea - de-protonising the academy system would work

Capturing an academy occurs in three steps:
    1) Zap 'em - Fire a Proton Stream at the academy until it loses sufficient P.K.E.
    2) Cap 'em - Activate a Capture Stream holding the academy in place.
    3) Trap 'em - Activate the trap and move the academy to the storage facility.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  14. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Not sure what all this Ghostbusters bunk is about, but in future I hope nobody considers a "career" in teaching. maybe the teacher crisis apocalypse is not just round the corner.

15. stmha

Why would you hope no one enetrs the teaching profession