1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Lost Thing - Shaun Tan

Discussion in 'Primary' started by groovyshell83, Apr 8, 2012.

1. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

I am after ideas. I have ordered this book and want to plan some revision for my year 6's using this book. I have only seen a couple of pages from it but have watched the online video and loved it. I am planning on doing some descriptive writing about the 'thing', recounts about finding it and writing their own endings and non-chron reports. Any other ideas of different genres that I could do eg maybe some persuasuive writing or an explanation?
    I also want to get them to practice writing story starts. Any ideas how I could do this with this book?

2. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

I am after ideas. I have ordered this book and want to plan some revision for my year 6's using this book. I have only seen a couple of pages from it but have watched the online video and loved it. I am planning on doing some descriptive writing about the 'thing', recounts about finding it and writing their own endings and non-chron reports. Any other ideas of different genres that I could do eg maybe some persuasuive writing or an explanation?
    I also want to get them to practice writing story starts. Any ideas how I could do this with this book?

3. This is one of my favourite books.
    Informal letter, persuade his mum & dad to let him keep the lost thing. Advert, give a lost thing a home. Non chron reports on Lost Things (or any of the other "things" you spot in the book). Explanation, how to look after a lost thing.
    Honestly, the ideas are limitless & you'll get lots of your own when you get the book. Enjoy!