1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Little Paris Kitchen

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by The Pobble, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Did anyone else watch this little irritating programme?
    I was in love at the end of the second recipe!
    And now I am trying to avoid buying the bleddy book!
    Come on the Beeb - have those recipes available for me! Oooooooooooooooh you toads. Wrong 2 recipes! Ah well I think I can remember the croque madame muffin. I am sure Climber will love it!
    I think I may watch the rest. She is about as irritating as Alice whatserface, the little garden woman, but again like Alice, has some good ideas that have kickstarted my love of French cuisine. I think that alongside Harry's Skinny French book ( a surprise pressie from someone who didn't like it) this would be a REALLY good addition to the over stuffed shelves!

Oh hide the one click button.... please

2. I was in two minds about this. I found her to be rather precious and smug but she did cook some lovely food. I was thinking of trying the croque madame muffins too.
    I shall watch it again if only to marvel at her cooking in a kitchen the size of a suitcase!

3. She was, wasn't she?
    I shall continue with it until she makes me scream! That kitchen makes mine look palatial and I know mine is less than 8 feet at its longest or 5 at the widest!

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

it took abouts 5 minutes for me!

5. I did gnaw the inside of my mouth, but didn't quite get that screeching feeling. Mainly cos I was utterly seduced by the idea of making those muffins for Climber - honeymoon memories really!

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

She did give the impression of being a fully trained Cordon Bleu chef when all she's actually done is sign up for 3 monthCB Patisserie course that anyone can do if they can manage the fee and Parisian living costs.
    I also liked the Croque Madame muffins but I don't think she cooked the chicken thighs on her deconstructed Coq au Vin for long enough (just 5 mins each side!).

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I watched as far as themuffins and thought what a nice breakfast that would be for o/h when he's on nights, whichhe is this coming week. But there's lots of things I could add, especially if I cook them in the big muffin tins, eg bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes.

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I wanted to do the CB patisserie course but then I saw the £15k fee [​IMG]

9. Oh wow Belle. That's a lot.
    As usual i was totally seduced by another new cookery series and will no doubt buy the book soon. i must get rid of some cookery books. it is ridiculous. The Leon one prob needs to go. i have vnever used it...

10. Ooooooooooooh! A cookery book swap!
    Oh! Anonymity - maybe not!
    But.....

11. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Get rid of cookbooks? Unthinkable!

12. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Not only is she smug but her recipes are s*ite - pay her no mind!

13. So did I, and I will be requesting her recipe book for my birthday in a few weeks. I thought the recipes looked easy and very tasty - I especially liked the sound of that fennel stuffed trout. I thought her kitchen was positively grotty though.

14. I fawt it was just me who noticed her lack of a proper 'th'!
    My muffins cooked really well, lapin, and a bit too quickly! Even overflowing the bread held togther enough to be used as handles. Climber loved them! Pity the eggs cooked a bit too well...
    I have earmarked a couple more recipes for the coming weekend - yes, the book arrived last week, I am absolutely useless at waiting or being restrained.

15. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Oooooooooooh Pobble!! LOL
    Can't watch her, shout at the TV too often!!