1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

The length between sending off the GTTR form and hearing back from the institutions

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Jarv, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hey there, I'm a newbie round here, so hello to everybody. [​IMG] Anyway...
    I don't really want to go too deep into every aspect of my life, but basically, I had every intention of having a PGCE application all wrapped up earlier on, but a series of things got in the way, and although I eventually accepted that I might have to end up re-applying next year, I decided to still give things a go and got my GTTR application off two weeks ago, as one or two places still had places on the course I was interested in. Aside from receiving the general welcome letter/pack (which I've only had read to me, as I'm not at my parents' house where it was sent), nothing has happened. I haven't had any notification of sorts from the institutions themselves (unless something arrived at my parents' house today), nor has anything changed on Track.
    Now, I understand that the applications will be taken into quite deep consideration and not simply be read and judged in the space of five minutes. Yet alongside the standard nerves and a general desire to hear something, what has made me worried is that I had a search on here concerning waiting and applying with the GTTR system, and it seemed as though the applications sometimes don't arrive at the institutions until a few weeks after the GTTR has claimed to have processed them. According to some of these posts, the space between receiving the application was as much as a month. Granted, a number of these results were from a few years ago (around 2007), and they mainly concerned applications at the very beginning of the year, but it has made me feel a little nervous, especially as July 1st and the start of clearing draws nearer.
    I'm therefore wondering whether or not I should contact my first choice university, or maybe even the GTTR dashboard, on Monday. Part of me feels I should, as I'm getting a bit anxious, yet part of me feels that I could perhaps come across as a bit too demanding and impatient. What do you think would be the best thing to do? [​IMG]

2. Hey there, I'm a newbie round here, so hello to everybody. [​IMG] Anyway...
    I don't really want to go too deep into every aspect of my life, but basically, I had every intention of having a PGCE application all wrapped up earlier on, but a series of things got in the way, and although I eventually accepted that I might have to end up re-applying next year, I decided to still give things a go and got my GTTR application off two weeks ago, as one or two places still had places on the course I was interested in. Aside from receiving the general welcome letter/pack (which I've only had read to me, as I'm not at my parents' house where it was sent), nothing has happened. I haven't had any notification of sorts from the institutions themselves (unless something arrived at my parents' house today), nor has anything changed on Track.
    Now, I understand that the applications will be taken into quite deep consideration and not simply be read and judged in the space of five minutes. Yet alongside the standard nerves and a general desire to hear something, what has made me worried is that I had a search on here concerning waiting and applying with the GTTR system, and it seemed as though the applications sometimes don't arrive at the institutions until a few weeks after the GTTR has claimed to have processed them. According to some of these posts, the space between receiving the application was as much as a month. Granted, a number of these results were from a few years ago (around 2007), and they mainly concerned applications at the very beginning of the year, but it has made me feel a little nervous, especially as July 1st and the start of clearing draws nearer.
    I'm therefore wondering whether or not I should contact my first choice university, or maybe even the GTTR dashboard, on Monday. Part of me feels I should, as I'm getting a bit anxious, yet part of me feels that I could perhaps come across as a bit too demanding and impatient. What do you think would be the best thing to do? [​IMG]

3. Hi! I originally applied in January, lost out on my first choice as the GTTR took over a week to process my application and then waited for about 5-6 weeks. I have to admit around week 4 I contacted the uni to see what was happening only to be told that it was still being processed. Gttr then automatically rejected my application when the cut off program was run at the end of Feb, however 3 days later I got an email from Uni to invite me to interview!!! Had to wait another month for the interview, fortunately got on and withdrew my application from the next uni so that I could confirm my place at this one (confused yet [​IMG]

4. I think I was one of the really lucky ones! Within 2-3 days of submission on GTTR I had a telephone message from my first choice offering me an interview....I got the place too! ;0) I was expecting it to take weeks!
    I think it probably varies with the provider and the number of applications they are dealing with. My provider is relatively small and I think they only get around 300-350 applications and I assume they must deal with them as soon as they come in from GTTR as I never expected such a quick turnaround.
    Good luck with it all, I hope you find a place x

5. Okay, so a little update...
    I ended up ringing GTTR on Tuesday, and they said that it had indeed reached where I had applied, so I rang the institute. The guy there told me to expect to wait for another week or two. Well, that turned out to be a conservative estimate - the next day, I looked on Track and it said I had been offered an interview! I got the e-mail with the details of the big day on Friday!
    Many thanks to the replies! I hope this thread will be helpful to people in the future as well! [​IMG]