1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The latest at night you have been contacted.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by rouseau22, Feb 2, 2011.

1. rouseau22

rouseau22 New commenter

I had a text this evening at 9.45pm asking if I can cover in a school. I havnt heard from this agency in months, so it's not like i'm pally with them. It reminded me of some of the agnecies who would call and text late at night, some as late as 10pm. Is this normal?

2. historygrump

historygrump Senior commenter Forum guide

I would say the latest was around 8 pm and the earliest was around 6.15 am.

3. historygrump

historygrump Senior commenter Forum guide

ps. if they are phoning you at that time, it means that somebody as ducked and they are desperate to get the job covered.

4. Got a call once at about 7:15: it was just as the Archers was finishing. When I got to the school, luckily it was not too long a journey, I found that the job had been scrubbed. [​IMG]

5. Wow - your agencies are keen! The latest I've ever had a text or call is about 6pm and the earliest is 7am.
    I think my agencies just call you up early in the morning if they get a last minute cancellation the night before.

6. rouseau22

rouseau22 New commenter

It was the wrong keystage and miles and miles away too! Yeah, I thought they were desperate, esp sinnce theyve been rude to me on a previous occasion and I'd never heard from them again. Needless to say I didnt waste a text to reply. One to avoid!