1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The last view?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Sep 24, 2015.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Opinion_forum.jpg moments before the site was pulled . . . looks like Eureka! was the last poster to post

2. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

yeeha!!

*Good job I didn't keep my final screenshot fnanarrr fnaarrr!*

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Tee hee :D
    *there's an 'Er . . what?' emoticon, how wonderful\*

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You know, I never did get the chance to see Burndenpark's last post on I Swear Mightily

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I posted "No you're not!" on four of the threads, but didn't screenshot it. I was able to still read posts several minutes after 1900 hours. Strange.

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I posted on Opinion at 7:04 and rosievoice was also posting. Not that it really matters.

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I believe you both . . . my session went dead at exactly 7.00pm . . .I was quite impressed by the precision

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh mine was still going at 7:05 but then it dropped out right after I sarcastically posted 'are they looking for the off-switch'

9. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

My viewing pleasure was terminated prematurely at 6.59-and-a-bit. 7pm exactly (by the BBC pips) it was already well gone.

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

:DA perfect last post - apt

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You were cheated, monica, I'd demand a re-run ;)

12. rosievoice

Yes indeedy. I remember reading it. How odd that OldTes expired at different times for different posters.

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I wonder if it had anything to do with broadband type/cabling?

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

If it does kibosh then they must have shut the ***** broadband off last for me to still be going.

15. rosievoice

I blame gravity.

16. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Lanokia, have you still got quite a bit of copper cabling or fibre, more or less to the front door? Just a theory, probs a daft one . . not like me I know

17. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

That would be it - mine is old copper wire to the cab down the road, not yer whizzy cable or superfast broadband (though that's what they claim, it still gets held up by the old copper wire!). So the demons in the cab couldn't push the slave signal bits through the wire fast enough to keep up, which is why my access to the old site expired early.