1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The last straw...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by creme egg, May 10, 2012.

1. <font size="2">I can't take any it more, this job is making me ill and it is not worth it.</font>
    <font size="2">My back hurts; I have developed migraines, IBS, insomnia and a sense of permanent exhaustion. I have posted on here before about my back problems and the very difficult divorce process that I am going through. </font>
    <font size="2">With the risk of being identified I can't go into too much detail but I will make a short summary of issues in my work life and personal life.</font> <font size="2">I work in a PRU and during my first two years I was constantly praised by HT and I always felt valued and appreciated for the very challenging work that is involved in working at a PRU. Since the new HT joined a shadow has come over the place and I feel less valued and I have been undermined on many occasions. </font>
    <font size="2">Following a lesson observation by HT i January I was graded 'satisfactory', prior to this I have always been graded as 'good' or 'outstanding'. HT didn't give me any written feedback to support her judgement. I was so upset I had two panic attacks that night and felt completely undervalued and powerless. I am with the NASUWT and I did say to her that as part of the short of strike action pan I am not to be observed but she told me the strike is a breach of my contract and that she WILL come and observe me again. I felt threatened by this and am still waiting for her to come back and observe me again.</font> <font size="2">I work in a two person department and have more or less run the department for the past three years as the actual HD has kind of left me to get on with it. I have enjoyed the unofficial responsibility and I presumed it would be recognised and eventually I would take over the role (HD has talked about leaving for two years now). Our previous HT was aware of this. </font>
    <font size="2">HD is now leaving and I applied for the post. Current HT never once encouraged me to go for the job but when I saw the job description it became apparent to me that I am already doing the job. However I did had a niggling feeling that HT doesn't want me in the job for some reason or other. I was not surprised that despite a very successful interview, I was not appointed. The job went to a less experienced teacher who has never worked in a PRU. I expect her to take over all the 'unofficial' duties that I have covered and I have no idea of where I stand in the PRU now. </font>
    <font size="2">In a way I feel as if I have been demoted. </font>
    <font size="2">I feel undervalued, patronised and de motivated. How can I continue to work when my chances of promotions are being blocked and my hard work is being ignored?</font>
    <font size="2">I have emailed my union and am waiting for a response. </font>Got a GP appointment later, not sure if I want to be signed off or not...

2. <font size="2">I can't take any it more, this job is making me ill and it is not worth it.</font>
    <font size="2">My back hurts; I have developed migraines, IBS, insomnia and a sense of permanent exhaustion. I have posted on here before about my back problems and the very difficult divorce process that I am going through. </font>
    <font size="2">With the risk of being identified I can't go into too much detail but I will make a short summary of issues in my work life and personal life.</font> <font size="2">I work in a PRU and during my first two years I was constantly praised by HT and I always felt valued and appreciated for the very challenging work that is involved in working at a PRU. Since the new HT joined a shadow has come over the place and I feel less valued and I have been undermined on many occasions. </font>
    <font size="2">Following a lesson observation by HT i January I was graded 'satisfactory', prior to this I have always been graded as 'good' or 'outstanding'. HT didn't give me any written feedback to support her judgement. I was so upset I had two panic attacks that night and felt completely undervalued and powerless. I am with the NASUWT and I did say to her that as part of the short of strike action pan I am not to be observed but she told me the strike is a breach of my contract and that she WILL come and observe me again. I felt threatened by this and am still waiting for her to come back and observe me again.</font> <font size="2">I work in a two person department and have more or less run the department for the past three years as the actual HD has kind of left me to get on with it. I have enjoyed the unofficial responsibility and I presumed it would be recognised and eventually I would take over the role (HD has talked about leaving for two years now). Our previous HT was aware of this. </font>
    <font size="2">HD is now leaving and I applied for the post. Current HT never once encouraged me to go for the job but when I saw the job description it became apparent to me that I am already doing the job. However I did had a niggling feeling that HT doesn't want me in the job for some reason or other. I was not surprised that despite a very successful interview, I was not appointed. The job went to a less experienced teacher who has never worked in a PRU. I expect her to take over all the 'unofficial' duties that I have covered and I have no idea of where I stand in the PRU now. </font>
    <font size="2">In a way I feel as if I have been demoted. </font>
    <font size="2">I feel undervalued, patronised and de motivated. How can I continue to work when my chances of promotions are being blocked and my hard work is being ignored?</font>
    <font size="2">I have emailed my union and am waiting for a response. </font>Got a GP appointment later, not sure if I want to be signed off or not...

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

You are not alone. You really aren't.
    Lots of us understand.

4. The solution is to find a new job. Sounds like my own experience of the noble 'profession'.

5. Thank you, it is so sad that it's not just me experiencing this sort of thing. What a mad world!
    I have already decided to resign and I don't even know if I want to stay in teaching after this.
    My collegues are very supportive (not SLT) and although I will miss them it is not worth staying in a job which is causing me such anxiety and grief.