1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Kiss and Make Up Thread.........!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Mar 2, 2011.

1. You know what it's like...late at night on TES...you've had a rough day, maybe a couple of beers......and somebody on TES really annoys you...so you respond....but you agree, or have agreed, with that person elsewhere...... so.....this is where you come and say "Sorry.....over-reacted..." ...... To start with........I'd like to apologize to the one person I managed to upset recently (you know who you are....I apologized at least three times on the thread!) Anybody else want to kiss and make up?

2. And sorry...I don't mean with me! I tend to stick to Entertainment! x

3. I was about to say it's better to apologise on the thread in question, but often when I do that it gets overlooked or ignored or the thread moves so fast the person doesn't see it.

Maybe a separate (or is it seperate? i always get those two mixed up) thread would be a good thing... dunno. I bet it would eventually turn into a fighty thread, regardless of it's original intentions...

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

my apologies are the best

5. No way lurk - My apologies are much better than yours!

6. Hi Lurk! I seem to remember you telling me that my apology elsewhere (not to you!) was carp...but, hey..at least I tried........ guess I'm not winning the best apology prize............

7. hi Coffeekid! My intentions are pure....but I will now apologize for the original fight thread where me and wee scabby dug got annoyed with you.......kiss and make up?! x

8. I am honestly so F**KING sorry.

..am I in credit now?

9. I'm quite annoying.

*turns other cheek*
    *"to understand is to forgive"*
    etc

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

I've lost count of the number of times I've apogolised on TES. Apologies are usually preceded by that uncomfortable time when I play spider soitaire while plucking up the courage to see what trouble I've landed myself in this time.
    When I do say sorry, I try at least to make sure I say 'I'm sorry that I've offended you' rather than 'I'm sorry if I've offended you.'
    We have some right royal rucks on the Early Years forum. I suppose in the loftier forums it's odium academicum.

11. Heh heh.

Play-dough at dawn?

12. inky

inky Lead commenter

[​IMG]
    Actually, we get quite passionate about early childhood education, so it can get quite passionate and theoretical.

13. I can imagine. Have never looked on Early Years, but I do know some primary teachers and they are (quite rightly) very passionate (and I don't use the word loosely) about their work.
    I certainly wouldn't mess with them...

14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

If I kiss and make up do I get to make love as well?[​IMG]
    My wife used to when i apologised........now she just dont forgive lol

15. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well, you shouldn't mess with me. ggrrrr

16. You're fine Coffeekid! I'm sure we've agreed elsewhere, about something else...or politely agreed to disagree...since! [​IMG]

17. Did you have someone particular in mind? :)

18. awww, a sweet idea.
    Like inky, I seem to spend much of my life apologizing on here for my hotheadedness. Sometimes it gets noticed, sometimes it doesn't.
    What I find strange is, the person I have apologized to is generally ok with it and we then get on fine, some other posters will never forget the exchange and mention it year after year after year. Or make barbed remarks.
    Inky - you and I once had a right humdinger of a barney on here - do you remember? (Was it on here or on that other *ahem* place?) Fair few years back now. I can remember the PMs and emails afterwards "I'm sorry" "No, listen, I'm sorry" blah di blah. I think we spent longer apologizing to each other than we did having the barney [​IMG]
    I can't even remember what we had such a mud sling about, that has faded from my memory [​IMG]