1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The kindness of TESSERS

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Aug 7, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Lately, on these boards, so many posters seem to come on just to poke at others, be nasty, sharpen their claws and just have a general dig at someone, for whatever reason (all good, grown up behaviour?).
    Well, I'd like to mention how absolutely fabulous and kind so many on here are. When I've been the subject of such venting, many TESSERS have PMd me, or just posted nice things. I have made many very good personal friends in RL through these boards...............I'm very outgoing so happy to meet up with anyone who wants to. I've also had support from friends and strangers on here when things haven't gone well too.
    But recently this has gone beyond anything.
    Being really ****** off my internet denied me the chance of an Olympic ticket, not one but 2 TESSERS, neither of whom I have met in RL, messaged me to say they would try for me. The first one was emilystrange. I gave her my log in details and mobile number, not overly confident she'd bother to spend her time trying to get a ticket for a 'stranger', but she did. I had a call yesterday morning and without hesitation gave her my credit card details over the phone and the rest is history.
    I am still gobsmacked at this. What a fantastic, nice, lovely, yummy, all round wonderful person to do this for a stranger. Sure, others have done greater (donated kidneys, run marathons for charity) but for me this was so kind and unexpected.
    I had the time of my life, will be wired on the adrenaline for days and have incredible memories of the most awesome day.
    Thank you so much emilystrange! [​IMG]

2. Aw. Nice.

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

That's lovely. I have to say that most people on TES have been very kind to me. Theogriff did something very special when he knew I was having a really challenging time, even though I've never met him. I was genuinely touched.

4. Yes. I've had a couple of nice PMs when I've made the odd comment on aspects of my life. People are generally pretty kind.

5. I like to hear the 'good news' stories. Now if you could just send me your bank account and credit card details I'd be very happy too! [​IMG]

6. That's lovely. I have always received brilliant advice and support from tessers. There are lots of great people posting on here!

7. BelleDuJour

I doubt they'd do you any good after my Olympics spending spree!
    Theo has been very kind to me too. I often get a cheery PM, especially when others are being less than....ahem....polite! He's a star and helped me get my current post which is the best job I've ever had.

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Awww that's lovely Belle....not my idea of a great day. but no doubt one you will treasure!
    Sometimes it is the little, personal things that touch you.
    I will never forget how a few years ago I was going through a very hard time. Total strangers here on TES contacted me and made me all weepy with their generosity.(and sometimes it was more than a 'little' thing!) I'm naming no names (a few specifically asked me not to!) but you all know who you are!
    There are a few less than delightful people on TES - but they are far out-numbered by the lovely TESers!

9. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

[​IMG]
    honestly, i just wanted to help out because i could and i had the time... [​IMG] aww, that's lovely. i think i might have welled up a bit!

10. emilystrange

oh yes, theo is great - very helpful and supportive. yaay for theo!

11. tidal

tidal New commenter

Nice one. Though this is a scenario I have never seen before, acts of kindness are surprisingly (to some) common on TES. Remarkable isn't it

12. BelleDuJour

*passes box of kleenex to emilystrange*

13. emilystrange

thanks. i better pull myself together - bums and tums class soon!

14. That's lovely, Belle. I still remember your kindness and PM when I was having a rough time with OH's kids, so you deserve some of that back! x

I've felt incredibly supported by the TES community, particularly when my OH"s dad was dying...

Getting a bit misty-eyed remembering it... can I get the Kleenex too?

15. BelleDuJour

I'm wondering if I ought to get my **** in the gym. No excuse really as we have one at home here in Belle Towers! [​IMG]
    But my poor feet are still a bit sore after yesterday [​IMG]

16. BelleDuJour

*passes kleenex to Annie*

17. What a lovely thing you did emilystrange. Being a big believer in karma, good will come your way too.

18. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I do think what goes around comes around although sometimes it can feel like bad things happen to good people. I think there's a lot to be said for treating people how you'd like to be treated.

19. I love good news!
    Well done Emily [​IMG] and Belle for showing us your gratitude to her.
    Have a great time Belle.

20. emilystrange

i got a thank you from The Darkness for something i did for fans in the last week too! yaay, go me! :D