1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The joys of telly

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Aug 28, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

We don't have one in London but I do in Brum. Today I've watched a programme about social history [OK, nothing profound, but still...] one about rare breeds of sheep, one about the possible real-life setting of Thornton Hall in Jane Eyre, a programme about sea mammals and - best of all for me - a programme about 'deadly predators' in Palawan, in the Philippines. Been there, loved that.
    Wow! I've learnt such a lot. Nothing that won't sink to the bottom of my silt-covered brain, but even so...

2. A day of repeats for me - The Queen, Joanna Lumley on the Nile, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
    The only thing I learned, or re-learned, was that the Nile was only relatively recently discovered to be the longest river in the world, 2006.

3. A day of repeats for me.
    The Queen, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Joanna Lumley on the Nile.
    I did re-learn that the Nile was only officially the longest river since 2006. Perhaps that's why I still sometimes think it's the Amazon.

4. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

In more ways than one...