1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The joy of the wait.....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Moony, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

So dispite a cold eating up a huge chunk of my application time....which sucks because I actually do need that time to batter my writing into shape.....I've sent my application off!! Although I am actually thinking that this one will be a rejection as it's an Indy school and my first degree is a 3rd from an ex poly and dispite my own proof reading and the proof reading of a friend I don't think i've managed to pick up all my dyslexia induced construction errors on the english. But hey ho, I've sent it off and I did work my socks off to do it, I've had about 3 hours sleep!

2. Fingers crossed for you Moony!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Best of luck! xx

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well award yourself the weekly 'EFFORT certificate', for finally getting in that application.
    Don't be too defeatist, though I know one has to be realistic. Turn your dyslexia in to a positive, showing how you've developed strategies to deal with it which hel you understand students who struggle etc. . . . .
    Fingers crossed for you.

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I do that already lara ;) I've spoken openly about my experience with a few parents of kids with some manner of sen and I know them and the kid has appreciated it. It's one of the things I like about teaching, I can show kid and parents that things can be achieved and the like. I know the first time i did that it was with one of my tutor group and she looked so relieved to have someone talking about the things that she has trouble with from their own persopective.

They short list next week!!!!!!