1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The 'Job Reference' box on the application.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by marshybeans, Mar 29, 2016.

1. marshybeans

marshybeans New commenter

Hello!

I've been really confused by some of the Devon Council applications. At the top they have a small box that just says Job Reference: and I'm not sure what to put here?
    There's no code or anything on the job advertisement, I've just been putting 'Class Teacher' as recommended by a friend but I wanted to check and see if anybody else had any suggestions. Its just one line and there is another section for references so I'm assuming its not for actual references.

Thank you!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I had a suspicion about this . . .

So I downloaded an application form and looked at it. And then another different one, also Devon CC.

:)

My suspicion was correct.

They have not updated their application forms for years. YEARS!

They ask you if you are registered with the GTC. You will need to put N/A, as it was disbanded 4 years ago. ;)

On one of the forms they ask you if you are registered with the DfES. Education & Skills! That was overtaken by DCSF in 2007. 2007! And the DCSF itself was overtaken in 2010 . . .

The other form asks for your DfES number . . . again 9 years out of date.

So you can safely assume that you can put N/A in that box, as none of their jobs have reference numbers any more, from what I have seen.

P.S. you have found - and read - all the applications advice? 20+ articles?

Tag me @TheoGriff if not and I'll point you towards them.

Best wishes

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016