1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The irrelevant thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dumpty, Jul 16, 2020.

1. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Jamvic, ajrowing, nomad and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Occasional commenter

I can’t find cauliflower rice in the frozen section at Morrisons any more. Gutted.

Jamvic, nomad and dumpty like this.
  3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

4. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

That's a win.

So. I've been a Libra all this time, not a Scorpio. And even as a Scorpio, one of my ruling planets, Pluto, got downgraded. I wondered why my horoscopes were always wrong. Good to hear there's a sound scientific reason for it.

Jamvic, ajrowing and nomad like this.
  5. S1a3t5u7r9n

S1a3t5u7r9n Established commenter

Give it a break mate

6. Ro13

Ro13 Occasional commenter

Size of mugs on Jeremy Vine??!!

Jamvic likes this.
  7. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

If this is the irrelevant thread, does that mean all other threads are relevant?

Jamvic, ajrowing and nomad like this.
  8. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

Ceiling first and then the walls, carpets last.

dumpty likes this.
  9. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Alas no. As this thread is genuinely irrelevant while others try to have relevance, it is therefore exceedingly relevant due to being wholy irrelevant and proud of it.

The relevance is within its irrelevance.

And that has somehow reminded me to buy some Mr Kipling cakes.

10. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Reported!

dumpty likes this.
  11. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

You are just bitter at being ousted by this thread!

12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

One-trick pony.

stopwatch likes this.
  13. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Actually I do seem to remember Nancy Reagan was reported as using the zodiacs to influence when Ronnie would go about his business.

14. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Star commenter

Always been my argument against Astrology. Of course there were 13 signs of the Zodiac 52/13 = 4. It makes munch more sense for a month (Month=moon) to be 28 days long when the lunar cycle is 27.33days rather than the odd system we have at the moment of 30 and a bit.

More to the point what gives with the months, september, sept = 7 but is the ninth month, october, oct = 8 and is the tenth month, november, novem=9 but is the eleventh month and december, dec=10 but is the 12th month.

(BTW I know the reason.)

dumpty likes this.
  15. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Scorpios are now the most at risk of an exodus, seeing as the period for being a Scorpio is down to 5-6 days.

16. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Ahh I am refusing to google it....was is something to do with Julius Caeser though? Although that was more the names used, am not sure why it does indeed appear the months were named in numerical order, yet somehow had 2 months added.

Meaning who is or was January and February?? Latin for one is....unus(?) and two was 'duo'....nothing like Jan and Feb. I would have expected Janus and Duorary or something.

The plot thickens.

17. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Ousted or outed?

18. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

That’s being generous!

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Ophiuchus and Serpens. Heaven help any man married to a woman born under that sign.

dumpty likes this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

And I am no longer a Taurean. Linda Goodman, in her Sun Signs, described Taurean men as the best husbands but, it seems, I am having to lose that cachet. A mere Aries. It's the clique out to get me.

dumpty likes this.