1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

THE INTERVIEW. Answer the Last Question and Ask Yours.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Siaji, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I can't think of anyone lards...
    Ooooooooohhhhhhh - there must be someone...
    Ooooooooohhhhhhhh - surely there must be...
    Can I have someone I don't know yet like the parents of a sick child in hospital at the mo?
    You know...I could nip to the hospital and find someone in the children's ward - not a charity - and say "Here you are - spend this on anything which will make you all feel better and they might share it with other families on the ward etc."
    Then I'd run away incognito. I'd be wearing a balaclava when I went in to give whoever the dosh.

Same question

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'd give £50,000 to our daughter so she could have a debt free start.

What is your ideal Sunday?

3. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Long walk along beautiful tracks and woods with primroses and oxslips blooming interspersed with gently rolling hills.
    Or a long bike ride with sandwiches and coffee stop.
    Or a swim in a river or at the pool or in the sea even and/or a stroll along the hard sand for a few miles!

Same question

4. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Morning Mass, walk in the park, feed the ducks, leisurely lunch etc

Worst weekend scenario?

5. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Being ill

Same querstion

6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Non stop housework, broken down washing machine, bad weather, the squits and projectile vomiting.

If you were to appear on TV, what genre of programme would you like to take part in?

7. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Jeremy Kyle type of show - but in America so nobody would recognise me. Would just love to have a rant about my family and they all come on to have a rant about me. Then I could spend the rest of the year feeling upset (or not). I also want them all to do the lie detector. I'm not bothered about doin' one because I don't lie! Hmmmmmmm!

D'ya mind doin' the same question?

8. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I wouldn't mind being on a quiz show, but with no audience in the studio because I would brick it. Something like The Chase would be good.

What kind of beauty treatments do you pay for (if any)?

9. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I have my upper legs waxed (shave lower legs as the wax doesn't last long) and a pedicure as I think feet are very important and I want to be able to walk for a long, long time into my future.

What is your favourite film you've ever watched and why do you love it?

10. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

I would say 'The way back' (2010) - for me one of the most under rated movies of recent age.
    Fantastic cinematography, and shows human resilience and will power. Makes me feel energised that if you put your mind to something, you can over come all obstacles.

cup-a-soups or mugshots?

ShowerGel likes this.
  11. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Mugshots, as there is a bit more body to them.

Are there any TV programmes that you have watched from the very first episode?

LrnLocal likes this.
  12. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Coronation St.
    Favourite soap star?

13. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Jac Naylor on Holby City.

Do ya like children and if yes why and if no why not or if a mixture of yes and no why for each?

14. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I do enjoy working with children, but I don't have any of my own and am rather thankful for that. I like children because they can be cute, funny,refreshingly honest, think I am an amazing artist and laugh at my (very lame) jokes with genuine mirth (Year 2).

What age is a good age to die?

ShowerGel likes this.
  15. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I think for me hopefully 95. I will HAVE to pack up SUGAR though. Every night at the mo I am munching as that 'little' treat those children's sweets £1.00 for 3 packets...It's not really a treat though is it? It's a stealthy killer and I will not reach a HEALTHY 95 where one warm evening during Holby City I simply fade away whilst watching Jac Naylor do a heart transplant whilst snogging her latest man as he pumps the heart by hand...

What's your opinion on my above musings?

16. asnac

asnac Established commenter

If the plan is to check out early, then at least gorge on more refined sweets than those. Maybe even Ferrero Rocher.

Do you leave the house tidy when you go on holiday?

17. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Yes! Then I can come back and just deal with unpacking etc. Still waiting for MrF to put the suitcases away from last time. I've taken to booking holiday cottages with washing machines so I can do some whilst we're away and not have to do that too.

What flavour ice cream would you like (we're off to the beach!)?

18. asnac

asnac Established commenter

Anything with pistachio nuts. Or just a traditional 99.

At approximately what age did you become a fluent reader?

19. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

I know I read my first proper book aged 7 and after that I was off.

Where in the world would you go, if money was no object, and why?

20. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

To Canada. I have been to Niagara falls twice, once in Winter and again in Summer and would love to explore more of the country.

What is your favourite soap/showergel scent?