1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

THE INTERVIEW. Answer the Last Question and Ask Yours.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Siaji, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

You'll be lucky if you find time to shove a multi pack of crisps down your throat NewTo when you start teaching let alone do meal plans. You'll be too busy panning on the most exciting lessons/strategies to keep little/big Jonnie's trap shut for longer than 2 minutes and trying to avoid WW3.

I don't often eat meat let alone unusual ones.

Do you have your 5 a day each day and if yes how and if no why not?

lardylady likes this.
  2. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I do indeed have my 5 a day. Banana on porridge at breakfast, piece of fruit at morning break, another piece of fruit with lunch and then I will have 2 veg with dinner.

How do you like toast? (I like it on the verge of burnt)

3. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

I like it cool enough to cope with thick slices of rich yellow BUTTER not melting when placed on this pale brown firm white toast.

What're your fav products for bath face creams etc.?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Neals Yard -Aromatherapy, Bath & hair care products
    Loccitaine -bath & body products
    Estée Lauder - skin care & makeup products
    Chanel No.5 perfume, soap, body lotion

Same question.

5. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Avene rich moisturizer
    Redken shampoo and conditioner
    Dead Sea Sulphur soap for washing with in shower - face and body.
    Coconut oil for body moisturizer - same stuff for cooking with.

List your 5 main weaknesses.

6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Greed- I just want to keep eating, even when I'm stuffed to the gills. I'm no longer lardy, but every day is a battle not to stuff my cakehole with grub.

My cat. I let him bully me into sitting on the floor when he wants the chair :oops:

Other cats- I often stop for a chat/chin tickle with the friendly neighbourhood moggies.

Patchwork batik clothing. I love it and buy it in huge amounts from ebay/etsy.

I can't think of a 5th one.

How many different schools have you worked in?

ShowerGel likes this.
  7. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Have you ever had your palm read and did anything 'forseen' come true?

8. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Never had my palm read peggy. Soreeeeeeeeee. Toooooo scary - that's probably why. I would've wanted her to say, many years ago, something like...
    "You will no longer think obsessively about anything, particularly your ex husband and chocolate, and will spend the rest of your life in a blissful state of peace and harmony."
    I would go in hopeful and leave disappointed.

Where would you like to be this very second?

9. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Exactly where I am. I'm a total home bod at heart.

Do you insist on guests using coasters or are you pretty laid back if they don't bother.

10. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I wouldn't get the rage if coasters weren't used, but they are there if needed.

How tall are you?

11. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Five feet nine inches.

How tall are you and whaddya think of that?

12. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I am 5 ft 7 in and would like to be a coupla inches taller.

What is your waist measurement?

13. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

32 inches
    It's always been that but my stomach is much and horribly bulgier than it was but is beneath the waist area. Gross. I can't look. Nothing flattens it.
    I know! I will never eat biscuits or chocolate again. Or butter. Or cheese. Or whole Coop Unbelievably Gorgeous carrot cakes - very small. Not worth cutting into slices.

List the 5 things/people that/who annoy the c rap out of you the most with a brief reason why.

14. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

School Bursar- she thinks she's in charge and keeps us short of paper towels, while her office is full of luxury products.
    The TA who keeps showing me pictures of her amazing grandchild, when I really couldn't give a rat's ass.
    The cleaner who keeps interrupting while I'm knee deep in marking, to tell me about all kinds of rubbish. I only have 3- my apologies.

What is your idea of a perfect meal out?

ShowerGel likes this.
  15. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

One where I don't have to book a table a year in advance, take out a second mortgage to pay for it, be sneered at by a condescending maître d, have to unpick a mullti-story -'work of art in food' and I can choose to tip those who have provided particularly good service for me personally rather than having a hefty service charge added automatically to my bill.

What's the best present you've ever been given and why was it the best?

16. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

A tele on my 40th.
    A bloke who was kind to me (he babysat) endeared himself towards my heart and therefore his body (mainly) and, whilst I was out busily attempting to educate other folks' kids, left a second hand tele in my house as a birthday surprise for when I arrived home, totally knackered as usual, with my own kids in tow grumbling and whining...
    That was the best pressie I've ever had and I still have the T.V which I watch, prone on my sofa, each evening. I'm big on chucking stuff out and sometimes replacing but not that tele it seems...

Same question

17. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

For my 40th MrF bought me a kitchen aid in pistachio green. I love it, but would never have spent that much on myself. Last year for my birthday he bought me a necklace with a beach hut on it, as I'd love a beach hut. There are now beach huts for sale at our local beach but far too expensive for a 10 year lease so I shall value that one.

What's the worst present you've ever been given and why?

18. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Can't think of a horrid present. I always think I'm lucky to be given any presents at all:(.

Does anything give you that 'poor me' feeling and if yes what do you do about it?

19. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

No, I can't say I get that feeling and I am sorry for the crap answer but would like to revive this thread before it disappears from the first page.

Have you ever had major surgery? If so, what?

20. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Ohhh.. much too gory and personal to go into here. Let's just say it involved 'a cut above' and leave it at that.

If you could give £50,000 to any individual tomorrow (no organised charities or yourself allowed) who would you give it to and why.