1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Incarnation -

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Nellyfuf2, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Lead commenter

Ah
    Could you bring your baby into school for us? We are doing Incarnation this term.
    Yes indeed. Reception are doing Incarnation or maybe incarnation.

Does my daughter need to dress new baby in swaddling bands. Or maybe a mini Neptune outfit? Will they be talking about conception too?
    Boggling.

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Is she going to take the baby in? I wouldn’t fancy taking a brand new baby into a snotty reception class.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Bizarre.

incarnation
    [ɪnkɑːˈneɪʃ(ə)n]
    NOUN

1. a person who embodies in the flesh a deity, spirit, or quality.
      "Rama was Vishnu's incarnation on earth" ·
      embodiment · personification · exemplification · type · epitome ·
      lifetime · life · existence
      • the form taken by a person or thing during an incarnation.
        "in a previous journalistic incarnation, I worked at Westminster" · "the pub has gone through several incarnations"
    (the Incarnation)
    (in Christian theology) the embodiment of God the Son in human flesh as Jesus Christ.

(with reference to reincarnation) each of a series of earthly lifetimes.
    "in my next incarnation, I'd like to be the Minister of Fun"
    synonyms:
    lifetime ·
    the form taken by a person or thing during an incarnation.
    "in a previous journalistic incarnation, I worked at Westminster" · "the pub has gone through several incarnations"

life · existence

That didn't cut and paste very well, sorry. How weird, what's wrong with a topic on Babies or New Life in Reception?

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

People do.

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Or this:

Incarnation
    [​IMG]
    Incarnation literally means embodied in flesh or taking on flesh. It refers to the conception and birth of a sentient being who is the material manifestation of an entity, god or force whose original nature is immaterial. In its religious context the word is us…

I'm procrastinating. I'm going to go and do something now.

6. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Lead commenter

The baby already gets poked by all and sundry in the playground in the mornings and afternoons so I guess the germs are not a big problem ... but really
    Incarnation?
    That is just wierd.

Our GS had homework last night matching pictures of CVC words to the words - you know the kind thing. One of the words was dog and the other God. The picture of God was an old man in the clouds sort of Sistine Chapel thing. Our GS did not manage to read the word or find the picture.
    I don't think we can pass his brother off as a god incarnate.
    We'll be rumbled.

InkyP likes this.