1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Impact of Practical Music Lessons on Primary School Pupils

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by trevstar, Mar 19, 2016.

1. trevstar

trevstar New commenter

I would like to thank you for taking time to answer this questionnaire. The results will help towards my final dissertation for a BA (Hons) in Music from Essex University (in collaboration with Colchester Institute). Anonymity is assured for any comments quoted in the final document. I should be particularly interested to receive evidence or case study examples that you might have to demonstrate music lessons and/or music performance can be of general benefit to young people.

(Choirs, Recorder Groups etc)

• If so how often:
    Daily

Fortnightly

Monthly

Would you encourage your pupils to take up a musical instrument? YES/NO

If Yes – Why?

Comment

1. Do you thinkthat cognitive skills developed through music lessons are the same as those required for academic success? YES/NO

Comment

1. Do you think that self-confidence &/or self-esteem can be developed through learning a musical instrument? YES/NO

Comment/example

1. Do you thinkthat the perseverance required to learn a musical instrument can be carried through into improving academic performance? YES/NO

Comment/Example

1. Do you think that the interaction involved in performing music with others is beneficial in developing general collaborative & social skills? YES/NO
    Comment/example

Additional comments

Thank you again for your assistance.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Trevstar, how long do you think this will take to fill in?

3. trevstar

trevstar New commenter

hi I wouldn't of thought it would take long only a couple of sentences for each questions, just simple yes or no will do.....

4. FCarpenter

FCarpenter New commenter

5. trevstar

trevstar New commenter

I don't understand what you have put down here are you answering each question ??

would have ?
    yes of course. why??