1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The \I can't have kids"Support Group"""

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by slippeddisc, Apr 19, 2008.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

.... and another pregnancy announcement.

2. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

(((Lil))) Not had one of those for a while but two colleagues off on mat leave, a few friends with babies on the way. Don't think the next pregnancy announcement will be too far away, it never is.

3. becky70

It wasn't and now they're coming thick and fast, not counting William and Kate!

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

5. Hi all
    I hope you don't mind me joining in, as Christmas and coming up to Christmas is always a hard time for me, and it's nice to know there are people out there who understand. It is a happier Christmas this year as we have our adopted child, but even so I still grieve the baby I miscarried on Christmas Day 6 years ago and grieve the babies I haven't had. Thinking about you all in the same boat this Christmas, hope it's a good one.
    Orchid

6. becky70

I'll reply on other thread, Orchid.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

It really gets difficult at this time of year. Unlike most of you, I'm now too old to have a child, but it hurts when friends are becoming grandparents, something that will never happen for me.

8. becky70

(((Lapinrose)))
    I expect some of my friends who had their children young to become grandparents in the next few years. I don't think getting older necessarily helps as it just brings these different challenges.

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

It does becky, thought I was coping but it's getting bad again, especially with the daughter of a friend getting pregnant fron a 'one night stand'!