1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Hikochan Challenge

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Geekie, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

I hereby challenge hikochan to leave a post that (a) has nothing to do with Chinese and Japanese being better than French and German and (b) is supportive to other MFL teachers.
    Do you think he can do it ?
    Drum roll please
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

I hereby challenge hikochan to leave a post that (a) has nothing to do with Chinese and Japanese being better than French and German and (b) is supportive to other MFL teachers.
    Do you think he can do it ?
    Drum roll please
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

still waiting

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Will be interesting to see if he can pick up the challenge!
    (Music on continuous loop whilst awaiting reply!)

5. The suspense is killing me....[​IMG]

6. I challenge hikochan NOT to post anything ... not holding my breath though!! Yawn!

7. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

My arms are aching with all this drum rolling.

8. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

He must have gone to Japan and is not checking the forum as often as usual.

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Oh, the boredom of this looped music. . . . . . . . . . .!

10. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

(I'm feeling a bit sorry for Hikochan now... Surely s/he's entitled to an opinion [​IMG])

11. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

I told you... don't feed the t.....!

12. londomolari

londomolari New commenter

Oh, no, you're not allowed an opinion on here if it goes against that of the Sunderland-led clique. Didn't you know that?
    If I were Hikochan, I'd post a counter-challenge to Leekie to refrain from mentioning or linking to MFL Sunderland for at least a week...but as I'm not, I won't.
    [​IMG]

13. ojala

ojala New commenter

When you, Pondo, have contributed as much to the daily grind of MFL teachers as Geekie has, I might listen to what you have to say. Until that time, button it. The anti-hikochan clique appears to be countrywide.

14. londomolari

The fact that you've replied shows you are listening, or rather, reading.
    Button it? [​IMG] I see you are a member of the MFLS clique.
    [​IMG]

15. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Trolls are like buses, you wait for ages for one, then two appear at the same time...

16. londomolari

So, trolls are quite rare then, whereas bullies are everywhere.
    Let me change the context for a moment - oh, please, do indulge me. Let's say, for example, that a new 'kid' arrives at school with a different accent, a lisp, a limp or some other idiosyncracy, like an opinion that differs from thet held by the 'in' crowd, and one pupil, let's call her a gang leader, decides to take a dislike to that 'new kid.'
    For the same of argument, let's call her...'Sneakie'..,just a name, nothing in it of course.
    Well, 'Sneakie' decides to proclaim her dislike for this new kid's idiosyncracy and her gang, eager to join in, poke fun of our new kid, for no other reason that he, or she is different. So they do all they can to ridicule, attack and otherwise humiliate that kid.
    That's called BULLYING folks, and if pupils were at the same thing, you'd come down on them like a ton of bricks for it, and you know it!
    So, by all means call me a troll, because that means I am not included in your sanctimonious throng. If I'm in the 'troll' gang, then at least I'm true to myself. Can you lot say the same?

17. londomolari

Sorry, forgot the silly glasses thing...
    [​IMG]

18. ojala

ojala New commenter

Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge?

19. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

What are you doing now, Londo, if it's not bullying?

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is what makes this forum such a great place to be most of the time. However, when that opinion is all-pervasive, when it interrupts every thread however irrelevantly, when it starts thread after thread after thread saying exactly the same thing, it becomes too much, especially when it's not balanced out with anything supportive or helpful.
    I am not bullying hikochan, I am merely inviting him/her to say something new. We want to meet the real hikochan, not the one who says the same thing all the time.
    Unfortunately, though, I fear that we have already met the real Londo, who lectures other people about bullying without any thought, it would seem, for the feelings of those other people. Are you the pot or the kettle, Londo?

20. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Let's play out that scene, shall we?
    new kid: "hi everyone, what you believe in is rubbish, old-fashioned, useless and utterly wrong"
    old kid: oh hi, who are you, and why do you believe that? Don't you think this is a bit upsetting for us?
    new kid: didn't you hear me, I'm telling ya, what you believe in is rubbish, old-fashioned, useless and utterly wrong.
    old kid: well, I beg to differ, for instance, the reason I believe X is because of Y, how about that?
    new kid: well, ha ha, Y isn't even a real language, you're all stupid. I'm telling ya, WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN IS RUBBISH, OLD...
    Repeat ad nauseam.

Sorry Steve, it's just so hard to resist!
    [​IMG]