1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Helpful anti-Tory, anti-Brexit thread - no dissent allowed.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jonntyboy, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Occasional commenter

2. letap

letap Occasional commenter

Pot calls kettle black.

afterdark, eljefeb90, Weald56 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Occasional commenter

Yes. Of course. You are so right. I often trawl through leftist blogs and quote anti-Tory twitter rants and things like that. Of course. Yes. The world can be anything you want it to be. Sit down and have a nice cup of tea.
    This is exactly where you need to be posting. Relax. Everything will be fine.

Kandahar likes this.
  4. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Thing is... I googled... and I can't find anything indicating where he said that...

I found this article : https://www.nme.com/news/music/liam-gallagher-shares-thoughts-politics-brexit-donald-trump-2147510 : and he's pretty forthright there...

Kandahar and nomad like this.
  6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

As Noel Gallagher said "F**ck Jeremy Corbyn, he's a communist.... and the communists don’t care about the aspirational.”

But he didn't say he'd vote Tory though

Kandahar and nomad like this.
  7. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

fakelabour ain't the real thing.

8. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Liam is voting Green

You know it makes sense
    [​IMG]

9. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

My Gallagher story. HM used to live next door to Liam in Chalfont St Giles.

He and Patsy Kensit used to sweep into the newsagent and demand to be served first. Manners maketh man. No manners maketh.......?

primarycat and nomad like this.
  10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

What a load of utter cock!

Your source of this supposed quote?

(And why do the mindless 'like' this sort of garbage?)

Let's have some REAL quotes!

The best I can find is the following from brother Noel...

Gallagher has long since turned his back on Labour since publicly supporting the party in 1997.

"I hate the Labour party. I have f***ing got no time for them anymore," he says, citing the allegations of antisemitism that have blighted the party.

He's previously said he'd rather reform Oasis than see 'lunatic' Jeremy Corbyn elected. Today his words are a little more colourful.

"F***ng student debater, f***ing captain fishy craggy old f***ing donkey, f*** off," he says of the Labour leader, describing shadow home secretary Diane Abbott as 'the face of f***ing buffoonery' in the same breath.

"They talk pipe-smoking communist nonsense, do you know what I mean? I think the role of any politician in the world is to be forward thinking, and modern, and contemporary - looking forward.

"And make no mistake, in this country we need someone and it ain't him. And it's never been anyone from the Conservative party.

"The two extremes are the Labour Party don't respect people who are aspirational, and the Conservative Party don't protect the vulnerable.

"But somewhere in the middle is where New Labour danced, and they kind of had it f***ing right, and then 9/11 happened, and here we are."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...oel-gallagher-interview-oasis-brexit-16419197

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Kandahar likes this.
  11. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

A puerile, unpleasant post, which is totally against the spirit of an open forum.

No one forces you to log on to this forum and read the posts here.

12. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Liam explained that he would most likely back the Green Party because they 'make sense'.

"It would be the Green Party – that is the only party that makes sense."

"We know for a fact that the world is in a bad place; we know that we need to do more, but the other clowns are going, ‘we are going to do this’ and ‘we are going to do that’ and then they get into power and do f*** all.”

Vote Green

[​IMG]

or vote for the #liar
    your choice..
    [​IMG]

vannie likes this.
  13. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

In my first teaching job one of my department colleagues had the surname Gallagher. He told me he was Noel Gallagher's brother... but as I hadn't a clue who he was talking about I just said something like 'oh, ok' and left it at that. Probably not the reaction he was hoping for.

nomad likes this.
  14. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Ah that's better, a B list sleb has transmitted their great wisdom. Now we know what to do :rolleyes:

15. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Nice to know that Noel is utterly wasting his vote by expending it on a Green candidate (unless he happens to live in Brighton Pavilion). However, his contention that the Labour Left are (in between swear words) hearkening back to the past whereas New Labour was looking forward to the future is completely untrue and cannot pass without comment. The whole point of Labour's 2019 manifesto is that it sets out a visionary picture of a fair society in an era of climate change, and is almost entirely future-focussed. Of the two brothers it's Noel, not Liam, who has sold out and become a particularly unpleasant person.

monicabilongame and vannie like this.
  16. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

GREEN...

wasted vote on a party that departed its roots during the late 80s.

17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Yep. It's all a bit flame-y.

monicabilongame likes this.
  18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Very true... bit like the posts calling Tories "evil" or "nasty"...

19. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

That's open game time - not flaming at all.

20. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter