1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The heavens have opened!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cosmos, Aug 5, 2012.

1. What rain!
    Earlier this afternoon I drove home through torrential rain, a spectacular thunderstorm and flooded roads and now it is coming down in stair rods again.
    Looking out of the window I can see the road looks like a river - good job I live at the top of a hill!
    I've even lit the fire, it's so miserable. 5th August....pah!

2. What rain!
    Earlier this afternoon I drove home through torrential rain, a spectacular thunderstorm and flooded roads and now it is coming down in stair rods again.
    Looking out of the window I can see the road looks like a river - good job I live at the top of a hill!
    I've even lit the fire, it's so miserable. 5th August....pah!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Sitting in the garden in beautiful sunshine here. The sunny South!!

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

We've had horrendous rain and thunder for 48 hours now. Off and on - about 50-50 I'd say.
    The supermarket was in danger of flooding - people were taking socks and shoes off to paddle across the carpark to their cars, and a youth was giving people lifts on a trolley to get them through the deepest bit.
    My grass is under 2 inches of water.

5. Poor old Jedburgh. Just 40 odd miles away and they've had flash floods!
    The footage on the news was scary. :-(

6. It's pouring here. I am looking at a washing line heavy laden with coats and sleeping bags. I had to wash them all today because my new cat peed in the cupboard where they live. I will be spinning them again and hoping for some sunny weather tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

7. Thunder, lightning and downpours in Yorkshire, but it's warm enough for t-shirts.

8. it pee'd it down here (london) till lunchtime - where are you and what time do you get up at?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The Kent coast and about 9. I saw it raining on the London marathon whilst we had blue skies.

10. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Glorious evening sunshine in NE Scotland!!

11. It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot here still.
    I would cherish a little bit of rain!

12. *** off!

[​IMG]

13. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

It's been lovely in my part of Cheshire! Been sunbathing all day.
    Ominous rumbling of thunder, but no rain.

14. It's been lovely here in my bit of the South. I got sunburnt whilst out for a bike ride. No rain at all. [​IMG]

15. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

You can borrow this..
    [​IMG]

16. Yorkshire- after my weekend business was flooded about a month ago (big financial losses) today my basment flooded. Had about 3-4" of rainwater in there- and I live on a hill!!

17. oh - poor you
    complete awfulness

18. I LOVE this kind of weather, and find it so atmospheric...obviously not to the extent of flooding/causing hassle for people though.
    We went for a walk around a country park the other day - it was gloriously sunny and we only planned on being out about an hour so didn't take coats or a brolly...half way round it went dark and the heavens opened - we were absolutely nowhere near shelter! We pegged it over an adjacent fence into woodland, and still got drenched because the trees didn't provide enough canopy. We then couldn't find our way back out of the woods! We were absolutely drenched but were in absolute hysterics by the time we dragged our sodden selves back to the car...

19. Poor tod - that is awful. I was going to complain about my garden being completely flattened!
    I hope you manage to put it all right very soon,