1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The 'Grey' Digital Divide

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sha1a, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I am at present in my final year of PGCE and have to write a paper on 'Do older learners want/need to use ILCT?' This is a working title but basically do over 60's want to learn for their own interests or do they feel pressurised into it because of statements such as; 'its the way forward' and 'everyone else can do it'
    What I am actually looking for some help with is within the literature review I am suppose to cover 4 questions relating to my title, going from a broad question down to a narrow question. At present I have thought of;
    Broad - what has happened in the last 20 years with regards to E-Learning?
    Middle - How is e-learning applied in education?
    Narrow - What are the benefits of e-learning?
    Narrow - What are the criticisms?
    this then follows into my question - do older learners want/need to use ILCT?
    However I am not sure that the broad and middle questions tie in (relevant) that well.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. I am at present in my final year of PGCE and have to write a paper on 'Do older learners want/need to use ILCT?' This is a working title but basically do over 60's want to learn for their own interests or do they feel pressurised into it because of statements such as; 'its the way forward' and 'everyone else can do it'
    What I am actually looking for some help with is within the literature review I am suppose to cover 4 questions relating to my title, going from a broad question down to a narrow question. At present I have thought of;
    Broad - what has happened in the last 20 years with regards to E-Learning?
    Middle - How is e-learning applied in education?
    Narrow - What are the benefits of e-learning?
    Narrow - What are the criticisms?
    this then follows into my question - do older learners want/need to use ILCT?
    However I am not sure that the broad and middle questions tie in (relevant) that well.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks