1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Shark Hunt

Discussion in 'Music' started by TrueFaith, Nov 7, 2011.

1. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

Years ago, (substitute with "when I were a lad" for the full nostalgia twinge) my school's swing band played this piece, called "The Great Shark Hunt", and now I'm in a position to have a crack at it with my own band, I'm looking for some music.

Unfortunately, searches around Google are proving somewhat fruitless, and I can't even uncover a composer..

Here's the track being performed by (I presume) an American school band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRxEaOeAjfc

Have any of you heard of the track, or even better, does anyone know where I'd be able to find the parts?

Molto Grazie,

TF

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Found this in concert notes:
    THE GREAT SHARK HUNT - from 1983 by Jim McGrath.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

4. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

Many thanks for your digging, clearly your ability to dig around surpasses mine by a long way! It may be worth an e-mail to Penders to see how likely they are to get it back in.

I saw the faqs page, and it looked intriguing, but ultimately useless - teasing me with information, but laughing at me with its lack of links!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Good luck - I do hope you manage to track it down.