1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Pancake Escape-Paul Many.......missing pages - help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lolry, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I have just received this book from Amazon in America, unfortunately a page is missing .Can anyone with the book let me know what it says on page 5 - the end of the speech bubble says 'Watch out, Pop! '( it is when the pancakes jump out of the pan). Hope someone can help .

2. I have just received this book from Amazon in America, unfortunately a page is missing .Can anyone with the book let me know what it says on page 5 - the end of the speech bubble says 'Watch out, Pop! '( it is when the pancakes jump out of the pan). Hope someone can help .

3. Hi:
    The missing page goes like this:
    "The cakes turned somersaults and flips,/we caught them on our dishes,/where they squirmed and flopped and wriggled/as if they were live fishes."
    You guys use "somersets" over there, I guess, but that should work as well.
    The verse on the next page (which you also are missing?) goes:
    "We had no chance to stop them/as they leaped up on their edges,/skittered quickly out the door,/and rolled right past the hedges.
    Just saw your inquiry through Google Alerts, so I hope its not too late.
    Thanks for using my book.
    Paul Many - author

4. I can't believe THE author has answered my query. The children will be so thrilled.
    It is the opposite page before 'the cakes turned somersaults....'
    the last line on part of the torn page is ....'Watch out, Pop!' - but I don't know what is before that.
    It is even more important as we just had the call from OFSTED!They are in Pancake Tuesday
    If you have any fab ideas I would be grateful [​IMG]