1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The girls are gagging for it or what not to say to pupils at the prom.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by ridleyrumpus, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Lead commenter

2. WB

WB Occasional commenter

Sould teachers be drinking at all at these events? Surley he was there to supervise?

Also, a teacher REALLY shouldn't be viewing pupils this way.

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

from the panel pretty much sums him up. Who knows? He may post on here about "my references are no good".
    It's likely he'll be looking for alternative employment.

4. ridleyrumpus

He had left his job at the school holding the Prom, I wonder if he was able to take up his new post.

5. bertiehamster

bertiehamster New commenter

Don't have anything to do with this foul prom culture. It's mostly an obscenity and no place for a teacher.

6. gainly

gainly Senior commenter

A nasty American import like Halloween and our PM.

7. ridleyrumpus

Halloween was OK before it was turned into some commercial monstrosity.

Mischief night was one of the highlights of the year when I was a nipper ;-)

8. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

It does beggar belief when you have teachers scared to be on FB no matter how strict their privacy settings, HTs warning staff not to attend any social event if a pupil is present (ie if you are attending a wedding celebration and a pupil is an invitee you should leave) and so on.
    I would say that if staff have to pay to go to a "prom" then they are as equally guests as the students, though I do admit I 'policed' the ones I organised.
    However he probably got away with this as it was seen as 'laddish' behaviour.... would be interested to know the gender of his HT.

9. ridleyrumpus

Don't believe FB and it's privacy settings.

"Just over a month ago, Facebook put adult performer and director Julie Simone through a "real names" nightmare when it changed her performer account to show her legal name -- and locked her out of it for 30 days (link NSFW)."

https://www.zdnet.com/article/faceb...onately-outing-lgbt-performers-users-furious/

I have heard of people in the trans community having their "alter ego" name changed to their legal name in a similar way to the above. Way to go FaceBook :mad:

10. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

Who brought the action against this man ? Who thought he needed punishing ? According to his own words he was already on his way out / sacked. A chip on his shoulder with alcohol ?

11. ridleyrumpus

It was the professional conduct panel.

The PCP is there to see if you are fit to teach, full stop. Not fit to teach at a particular school.

12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

At the girls' school I worked at for 20+ years I would always refer to non uniform days as 'dress like a slapper' day.

13. Crommo89

Crommo89 New commenter

It's a shame that there isn't a similar body for Ministers and Secretaries of Education.