1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The future of children's centres

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by TESHelenWard, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm researching what is happening with children's centres at the moment. There was a lot of concern about closures as the financial year ended in April - but the protests seem to have reversed or delayed many of the proposed closures.
    Are there still concerns that the removal of ringfenced funding will threaten services, or is there recognition of a need to reduce funding and a feeling this has been done sensibly? (I have heard both views )
    If you would like to help by speaking to me (it can be anonymously) about what has happened in your area / or to your job, please contact me on helen.ward@Tes.co.uk or DM.
    Thanks
    Helen

2. Hi,
    I'm researching what is happening with children's centres at the moment. There was a lot of concern about closures as the financial year ended in April - but the protests seem to have reversed or delayed many of the proposed closures.
    Are there still concerns that the removal of ringfenced funding will threaten services, or is there recognition of a need to reduce funding and a feeling this has been done sensibly? (I have heard both views )
    If you would like to help by speaking to me (it can be anonymously) about what has happened in your area / or to your job, please contact me on helen.ward@Tes.co.uk or DM.
    Thanks
    Helen

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I don't work in a CC but I was talking to a Speech Therapist who has lost her job because the service has been removed from all CCs in her area.

4. hi my post of Children's Centre Teacher was made redundant in April this year, the team of 8 CCTs was reduced to 4 and early years support to PVIs and CCs other than Phase 1s was stopped. The latest from friends still there is that the Children's Centres will be commissioned out to organisations willing to take them on. I am in West Yorkshire. hope that's of some interest

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter