1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The future of art... your thoughts....

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by debbie1130, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Hi -
    I'm interested in how things may or may not be changing in schools in the art departments, we have the HOD of DT managing us from September and I know of others who are having cuts and are worried about the EBacc. If you had 5 minutes I've attached a link to a very short simple questionnaire:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KCXGZBH

Click here to take survey

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks

2. Hi, good idea. Things are very varied across the UK. Check out NSEAD who have already completed a first stage survey about the impact of the EBac. You may want to share your findings with them as they are in touch with key figures in the debate and would really welcome any findings you gather. www.nsead.org
    In some schools arts are being hit, sometimes it seems more to be impacting on performing arts and DT. I know of some schools where art and design are taking on some increased GCSE courses, as DT loose theirs.

3. Hi -
    you wouldn't know which subjects would you??? moving from DT into art?

4. Hi,
    Yes they are offering Graphic Communications and Textiles in art and design now instead of Graphical Products and Textiles Technology in DT.
    good luck