1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Frozen Pay Thread

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by ml01omm, Nov 9, 2015.

1. ml01omm

ml01omm New commenter

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put it,

but I've just had confirmation that my salary will be held on M2, and I will not be progressing to M3.

I am the only teacher as far as I can tell within my school who has had their pay progression frozen.

I thought I would start a thread to see who else was in my position this year, so that I don't feel quite so alone!

2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

None of the teachers at my new school got a pay rise (it's an independent).....

3. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Everyone got the 1% uplift, nothing else. STRB recommended 2% pay uplift for those on (what was) M6 but it wasn't given.

Look at your pay policy. What does it say about pay progression - has your school kept the old scales? If they haven't then M2 and M3 no longer exist in your world. Heads have complete discretion regarding the award of PRP.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh botheration! And if it is really only you, double-botheration!

But how do you know? You say

Perhaps the others are keeping mum . . . And is the non-award in line with the school's Pay Policy?

Best wishes and a bar of chocolate . . .

[​IMG]

Do check the Pay Policy . . .

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hmn. I think not, actually.

The pay range overall got a 1% increase, which ,means that those on the bottom had to get 1% to stay in the range. But it was then up to individual schools to determine what they did with everyone else, @snowyhead . They could give it or not . . .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news . . .

Best wishes

6. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Oops! @TheoGriff I should have said 'In my school everyone got the 1% uplift'. No one got anything more than that.

7. blueskies31

blueskies31 Occasional commenter

My LA have not adopted the 1% pay rise recommendation so no one received an increase!

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Fair 'nuff!

Except those at the bottom of the pay range, who had to get it or they would have fallen out of the bottom of the range.

Best wishes

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

If you have sufficient evidence to support pay progression [god I hate having to produce evidence that you are doing your job... a good manager would be able to see that] then I'd suggest bringing the Union in to support. Appeal to the Governors and go in with the Union... just be aware it might not make you popular with SLT... which in the present climate might not be good.

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, @lanokia, but we need to change that just a little:

If you have sufficient evidence to support pay progression according to your school's Pay Policy

Because as we keep saying, there are no national pay agreements now . . .

Best wishes

lanokia likes this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I don't think I've had a pay rise in teaching for about 15 years