1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

The front of our local Co-OP

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Jun 2, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

This morning, after someone tried to steal the cashpoint

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Tried? And failed?
    How much dosh is in one of them things anyway?

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

couldn't they have just asked for cash back at the till?

4. It is very well used ... I often use it and am usually in a queue ... given that it is at a shop not a bank I guess they put quite a bit in when they fill it

5. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Imagine stealing a cashpoint machine and then finding there was no cash left in it........

6. I would like to pretend that our local criminals would have scoped the place and gone in just after it was filled

But evidence that I have already provided demonstrates their true intelligence levels

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

And we will all end up paying for it (one way or another), even if the perps are caught and get a slapped wrist.

8. True

Apart from anything else ... bread is more expensive in Oliver Adams ... nicer but still cost me more

9. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

About ten years ago, where I lived, thugs raided an Estate Agent who did agency business for a Building Society. They got eight grand, scared the hell out of the staff, one of whom had six months off work, and the consequence was the agency was shut down.

10. I am not intending to make light of the reality of this situation

I know the people who own the nail shop next door well and there is a family with small children that live in the flat above the Co-op

All of that makes this anything but a victim-less crime

11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

They obvioulsy found the machine 'truly irresistible'! Cooperative, good with hoods!

12. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Looks like a bit of a dump anyway. Are those concrete blocks upstairs?
    Let's hope the thieves are caught (along with the architects/planning approvers).

13. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Aaaargh! I was not suggesting you were "making light"! I am sort of reporting on society and our justice system. These sort of crimes probably have a gigger impact on everyday people than the ones were somebody pushes a button and deposits billions in their own bank account from a faceless bank. But even that is not completely victimless as the "banking crisis" has shown, from which we are ALL suffering, us at the bottom of the heap more than others, and the prepetrators of THAT crime walk away scot free with big bonuses.

14. sorry jacob ... my paranoia

you are right

local insurance premiums will go up

Other local shops may be frightened away

And the punishment will be minimal

15. I guess this is minor compared to the man with the bomb in the Watford Co-op bank today

16. Resource finder you must be near ish me, as this Co-Op is near where I used to work! Shocking!! But like you say some what minor compared to the bomb in Watford x