1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Football Thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emilystrange, Mar 29, 2016.

1. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

What annoys me re Man Utd is the sense of entitlement: we should do well BECAUSE we are Man Utd!!!

It makes for an exciting end of the season (and their defeat has helped the goal difference for other teams).

Off to the Bridge tonight to see Chelsea struggle against Burnley......:rolleyes:

Scintillant likes this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm going to Stevenage v Exeter later !

Scintillant likes this.
  3. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

As long as these Entitled teams bear in mind to keep their hands off our Poch!

4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Leeds!

Lol.

Jesmond12 and chelsea2 like this.
  5. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

filth

6. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Oh dear.....as I feared.

Dreadful timewasting from Burnley - especially Ashley Barnes. After he'd hit the deck with an 'injury' for the umpteenth time, a double act in the crowd went like this:
    "Oh dear, he's down again."
    "He must have died."
    "Oh, no, he's come back to life - he must be Jesus."
    "Well, it is Easter!"

At least that made me laugh.

I rarely complain about the officials, but in this game there was appalling refereeing all the way through. At one point, Pedro was belting forward with the ball in attack to be clearly pulled back by a Burnley arm round his waist - nothing doing from the ref, along with a whole heap of other ignored fouls. Chelsea rarely come out of a game with more fouls than the opposition, yet in this game we appear to have been guilty of 9 fouls to only 4 by Burnley. No way.

And Hudson-Odoi has ruptured his achilles and Kante has injured his ribs.

But, at the end of the day, we're just not good enough.

Not a great night. :(:(

peakster likes this.
  7. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Hopefully Sheffield Utd can keep their nerve.

Scintillant likes this.
  8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'd like to see both teams in the Premier League - but the Championship play offs are going to be tough.

9. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Thanks, Wolves!
    Thanks, Man City!
    :):):):)

cissy3 likes this.
  10. Scintillant

11. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

As you did when he was at Saints ;)

nizebaby likes this.
  12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Scintillant and cassandramark2 like this.
  13. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Congratulations to Norwich City and Sheffield Utd* on their promotion to the Premiership.

* Yes I know that SU have not quite made it but unless Leeds can score a hatful of goals then they they will be promoted.

Sundaytrekker likes this.
  14. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Leeds let Villa score

Leeds had scored in controversial circumstances (not putting the ball out for an injury) and their manager Bielsa told them to allow a goal to even things up. There are versions of this on youtube but so far not one i can find which really gives an idea of what is going on, hence the twitter link.

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1122487202938855425

15. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Yes - it's very nice for Sheffield United to get into the Premier League

I'd like to see Leeds there too but the Championship play-offs are going to be tough.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  16. Scintillant

Top quality ****housery from dirty Leeds. It would perhaps be interesting to see premier league teams on the receiving of it now and again, but I don't think I can go that far...

The view from the Leeds end

Leeds goal and the aftermath towards the end of this:

17. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Yes, they're not a side I associate with fair play or general likeability. Credit to Bielsa though.

cissy3, peter12171 and Scintillant like this.
  18. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Absolutely. Well played Bielsa.

I also feel sorry for the referee...there was no way he could disallow the Leeds goal, although I bet every part of him was screaming to do so.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

If you are a Leeds United fan - let's face it - you haven't had a lot to cheer about for many years. They still have massive support and it would be good for Yorkshire to have two teams in the Premier League.

20. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Great day for Spurs fans