1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Foodie Posters

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by henriette, Jan 10, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

I guess we all know a bit about each other's personal situations, but I was wondering ..........what do you all teach?
    I'll start: French

2. I don't.
    I transport food [​IMG]

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

but you did - TEFL n'est-ce pas?

4. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

generally nothing- Primary supply (work is in short supply - pardon the pun- in Scotland).

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I'm trained in geography but I've been teaching Religious Studies, Psychology and Sociology up until now.
    Today I accepted a new job as a HOD at a school where I will be allowed to teach geography again!

6. TEFL and MFL, yes.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Currently unemployed but I trained for Home Economics, taught Cookery, Needlework sorry Textiles, then it became Food Tech, which I hated, also TEFL.

Also taught RE, Humanities, supply, Middle School year 7 class teacher, a varied career!

8. I am now disabled and unable to work.
    I trained as a Secondary Teacher, Maths and Special Needs.
    I taught mainly Special Needs, mostly in an Inclusion Unit. Then I moved across to work teaching Basic/Key/Essential/Life (Change name according to mood of government!) Skills for Training Providers.
    In between I have taught in a Primary School and coached Maths to A-Level and German up to Degree Level.

Plus a variety of 'other' jobs - from cleaning through burger-flipping to book-keeping to library work.

9. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

I taught French when in the UK, have taught EFL in UK and in France. Not currently working, may do if can find something suitable !

10. Private tuition.
    About half and half 1) reading / spelling for students with difficulties, 2) maths to yr 11

11. I'm a lurker and just starting to post.
    What haven't I taught? I'm secondary, Art, photography, food and textiles, RE, ICT.

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

Congratulations - hope it works well for you!

13. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Was MFL in the UK (Ger and French) at secondary school, now I live in Germany, work in an intl Kindergarten which is a bit of a change!

14. I did that too!
    God, it took some getting used to. I was blowing noses and pulling up knickers most of the time!

15. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Yup sounds about right CQ! Child put his hand right into my mouth today, was disgusting and tasted vaguely of the lunch we had mixed with dirt! With various issues I am having at the moment and after only my 2nd day back following prolonged sick leave, was not nice and I brushed my teeth for about 10 mins when I got in today!

16. Usborne rep.

17. Or Dorling Kindersley rep.

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Close, gorgy! Rep it is, but I won't reveal who I work for. Major player though. [​IMG]
    p.s. I am a nice rep, so please don't hate me.

19. henriette

henriette New commenter

I feel we have some new posters since this thread dropped off the bottom: please tell us about yourselves.

20. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Hello. Everything. Infants and Juniors.