1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The first term's nearly over!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by nebveb, Dec 7, 2011.

1. nebveb

nebveb New commenter

Yes, it's been a long term. Have really enjoyed it, but it's been hard work. Have just heard that I am going to be visited by LA early in the new year - hopefully that's not something i have to worry about! Enjoy your Xmas break.

2. We are still alive! I have survived an Ofsted too! AHHHHHHHHHHH totally ready for xmas now! Counting down the minutes...[​IMG]

3. Can't wait for the two weeks off. It has been a rollercoaster of a term, ups, downs, tears and laughter. Survived a visit from my LEA to fight another day so onwards and upwards when the next term starts. Looking forward to lots of mulled wine and chocolates!!

4. 1 week to go now!!! Sooo looking forward to the holidays. Plan to sleep, sleep and sleep :)

Hopefully my teenage babies will too...

5. Oh roll on xmas holidays!!!! Its been a true rollercoaster ride with lots of smiles, laughter, tears, moans and groans etc etc.
    So really need the break and get all the hours of sleep i've been deprived of!!!!
    Pantos, mince pies and lots of shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yayyyyyy!!!

6. I'm a trainee so haven't had half term and have been flat out working since the start of september - bring on the hols!! :)

7. Why didn't you have half term? Do you mean that you did a lot of work at home during half term?

8. Chazette

Chazette New commenter

Na some training courses don't give you half term. I trained at Shef Uni last year and went from Sept 6th till Dec 17 without a break. While teachers got half term to recuperate, trainees went back into uni for further training!