1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The first day of retirement.

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by imateachertoo, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Oh well, suffering from a hangover after celebrating all week end.
    Got a phone call last night from an ex colleague, bit drunk at the time. She said that they had an e-mail, with a 24 page action plan made me laugh.
    Thank god I am not in today, getting bored by the endless drone of self publicists telling others how to be a ' better' teacher. In particular, them then have been doing the job for all of 3 years.

2. Yes my ex colleagues are all moaning tonight too.I was not excessive last night (LOL) and treated myself to aromatherapy session today.

3. Bought Owen Jones, Chavs, yesterday and started to read into the early hours of the morning. Will finish it before next week.
    Writing down all the DIY jobs I need to do around the house before the big one sorting the garden out.
    Sorting out menus for the wife and children.
    On Monday, start to learn Spanish form a DK complete language course I bought for next to nothing 6 months ago.