1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The fertility treatment thread

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by EBC, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Glad to hear everything is going well...

2. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

To anyone who has had Provera before, how long did it take AF to start after Provera was stopped? I've been off it 5 days and have only had (tmi)light brownish spotting earlier today, now stopped but proper AF hasn't started. I'm worried as HyCoSy is booked for a week's time and AF has to be finished by then. I rang the fertility unit today, they apologised as I shoul've been given more time between Provera and the HyCoSy, they said if AF doesn't start by Friday I have to cancel the test and rebook with another course of Provera in a few weeks' time.. pushing back the next appointment and Clomid stating by at least a month! [​IMG]

3. Sorry can't help Kitten.
    I got a peak on my fertility monitor today which I wasn't expecting as says probably wouldn't happen on Clomid. Thing is it on the day when my temp has risen a bit, so maybe I've been missing it all these months as I thought temp rose after ov. Fertility friend says could happen today or tomorrow! Have told hubby to get home be ready for me when he gets in and I'm going to try another bicarbonate of soda bath! LOL

4. kittenmittens

Ooh good luck juju! What is the biacrbonate of soda for? Never heard that one.

5. I've heard that it neutralises the acidity ina woman's nether regions which apparently makes it more sperm friendly. Have no idea if this is true or how much to use but thought one more thing to try!!

6. Hey Kittens since starting provera back in October it takes on average about 10 days for AF to start. I had the brownish spotting on my second month. This past AF felt like it was on it's way from 3 days after finishing the tablets, thought it was going to be a monster but wasn't.
    I cannot understand why they wouldn't have given you the provera earlier to ensure it doesn't interfere with the procedure, seems like such a waste of time.
    Hope you're all well x

7. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

Bathbombs are mainly bicarb you know! You could make yourself some lovely fertility bathbombs!!

I had a scan yesterday. Apparently I'm full of gas! So it made me difficult to scan! Womb and ovaries OK, pancreas OK, liver not OK. So have to go to GP to see what can be done about that. Could be the Clomid causing it. Or my diet. Or alcohol (although I rarely drink!!)

8. Sounds like me most of the time! [​IMG]
    What did they say about your liver? Doesn't sound good. How could the clomid cause it? (am on Clomid too so a bit worrying)

9. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

Don't think it's specifically Clomid, from what she said, it sounds like being on any medication can affect your liver. Off to the GP next week, so will report back!!

When I told Mr Para about the gas, he said "Oh and I bet you were to polite to fart!" - had to explain to him that I'm full of gas (which probably explains why I'm fat!) and I don't realise, ie I had no need to fart!!

10. How did you get on Para?
    I had a crying myself to sleep night last night. Quite a few of us went to a friend's house and one of them told me she thought she was pregnant. She only started TTC this month, so of course the talk was on babies etc. They all know about me and weren't trying to be insenitive but I let my brave face slip for a few minutes. I'm pleased but insanely jealous and angry too. Not sure how I can keep seeing them to be honest.
    How are you all doing?

11. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

Hi all,
    Yes it has been a while, we fell off the page for a bit.
    Oh Juju.....lots of hugs, I know,its soooooo hard isn't it. I have a baby shower this weekend..ouch!
    I'm well, all is going ok with IVF treatment. Starting to down regulate next month. That means taking tablets to stop me from producing eggs for one cycle. Then its all go, go go after that. Fingers crossed. I've been posting on FF forums as lots of the hospitals have their own threads, so I'm getting lots of useful advice from there. Still looking on here though so if you need to let off steam, I'm here. xx

12. kittenmittens

Glad to hear things are going well, EBC. I don't know a lot about IVF (yet... hope we don't get to that stage but who knows), but it sounds like things are happening at least which is a positive thing.
    My HyCoSy went ahead, was insanely painful but tubes are clear. Now we've found out DH has issues, as he has high prolactin levels and low sperm count. He has to do another SA to check again and has been referred to an endocrinologist about the hormone imbalance. I'm not sure if we'll get the Clomid if he has a problem, really hope we'll still get it though- one month to go til next fertility unit appt. [​IMG] !

13. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

Kittens - hmmm not sure about the hormone imbalance - did they find that out from the SA? I guess IUI would be the next idea - they give the sperm a really good wash and implant it in just the right place. Less invasive than IVF.
    Good luck, chat soon x

14. kittenmittens

It was a blood test that showed up the hormone imbalance. Just waiting to see what the endocrinologist and fertility consultant say. IUI might be an option, I'm trying to find out more at the moment just in case.

15. TMI question. Does anyone else get big pieces of something during AF? I wouldn't say it was a clot, definitely not just blood. It's how I imagine the inside of my cheek to be like if it came off in a big chunk. Just been to loo and there were two pieces about an inch square of strectchy fleshy stuff. Any ideas?

16. Hi all. Thought I'd join this thread as we have an appt at the end of March to discuss starting IVF- scary!!! Hope it's going well for all those currently aboard the IVF train! [​IMG]
    I think I know what you mean. Not sure exactly what it is but have just ignored it and assumed it's normal. [​IMG]

17. Welcome on to here rharg. I shall just ignore it then, just never noticed it until the last year or so. Maybe because I've never investigated things so closely! lol
    Glad this thread is here as getting a bit frustrated with the TTC thread. I know I sound like a complete cow but have been finding it hard when people have been getting BFP after only a few months of trying. At least here everyone is in the same position.
    AF arrived for me today so feeling a bit down. It was the 4th month on Clomid, was hoping it might have worked but no luck. Just hoping I get to the top of list start of May. xx

18. (((Juju))) I congratulate through gritted teeth! It is sincere but tinged with sadness, and dare I admit it, jealousy. I can't even talk about my cycle/ovulation as AF is induced with no clue as to when/if I ovulate.
    Could this be endometrium coming out in chunks? After laporoscopy (sorry far TMI alert) I lost huge clumps of what you described.

19. Total jealousy from me!

Do you think I have endometriosis then? Nothing has been spotted before.

20. No not endometriosis. The lining is the endometrium so could it just be clumped together or thickened? Am I right in thinking that you've taken agnus castus this month to thicken the lining? When I've had particularly heavy periods I've definitely lost something similar.
    Glad I'm not the only one!
    I went to see my consultant gynae today. It was the last time as provera is providing me with a cycle. I told a little lie (that we'd put ttc on hold as hubby's job was unsafe) as my private healthcare regarded the investigation into my lack of peiods as fertility related. Felt terrible but glad I did, she's no fool she could probably see the angst written all over my face! She knows that we trying and said that when I fall pregnant to tell whoever I'm booking in with that I have PCOS. She said that the risk of diabetes/miscarriage is increased so other tests have to be done. I didn't know this.
    I wish you all the very best ladies xx