1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Examinations Appeals Board

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by resources4drama, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Many people think that, having exhausted an exam board's apeals procedures that is the end of the process.
    In fact, the next step is the Examinations Appeals Board if you wish.
    If you look at their website, you can see results of previous appeals, school by (named) school, board by (named) board, subject by (named) subject. There are several Drama appeals.
    Their site may be worth looking at, and the timeframe for lodging an appeal with them noting.

2. Thanks for that resources. I will have a look. Just organising my Unit 2 appeals today.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Thank you for that. I've had a thumb through and I am startled at some of the cases and the level of incompetence shown by exam boards - not that things don't go wrong, of course they do - but the blazing way they often side step issues instead of admitting fault and resolving things is dazzling. Glad to see WJEC doesn't feature as causing a problem at all :)

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I've had similar things occur in the past - I have often wondered if the visiting examiner actually got kids mixed up, but of course, no one would ever admit to that.....

5. I know what you mean Daisy. Sometimes you can see where the marks have come from, even though you may disagree. Occasionally, though, it is like they were watching a different kid!