1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The essay

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by steveglover, May 5, 2011.

1. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

Did you know that the essay was invented? I didn't-this guardian article tells you who did invent it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/05/in-praise-of-the-essay
    On alevelfrench.com/home we've got a sample you can use that gives students an approach to writing a short essay-a sentence level exercise, a reasoning generator, a planning tool with accuracy exercise and 3 sample essays/lettery type piece based on the same title showing examples of "reasoning" in situ. If you think this might be useful do contact me through the site-we'd love feedback too.
    Co-writer Nathalie and myself have written approx seventy essays and such over the 12 topics which strangely has been quite fun. Writing an essay and keeping it down to about 220 words is pretty difficult but after 70 it gets easier :)

2. steveglover

Did you know that the essay was invented? I didn't-this guardian article tells you who did invent it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/05/in-praise-of-the-essay
    On alevelfrench.com/home we've got a sample you can use that gives students an approach to writing a short essay-a sentence level exercise, a reasoning generator, a planning tool with accuracy exercise and 3 sample essays/lettery type piece based on the same title showing examples of "reasoning" in situ. If you think this might be useful do contact me through the site-we'd love feedback too.
    Co-writer Nathalie and myself have written approx seventy essays and such over the 12 topics which strangely has been quite fun. Writing an essay and keeping it down to about 220 words is pretty difficult but after 70 it gets easier :)

3. Don't open post 3 it contains a virus.

4. steveglover

Not least the virus of getting someone else to write one's essays :)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You're not done writing your essay until you've polished your language by correcting the grammar, making sentences flow, incorporating rhythm, emphasis, adjusting the formality, giving it a level-headed tone, and making other intuitive edits. Proofread until it reads just how you want it to sound. Writing an essay can be tedious, but you don't want to bungle the hours of conceptual work you've put into writing your essay by leaving a few slippy misspellings and poorly worded phrases..

6. Recently I was also so much depressed because of my essay, I tried my best but i was not getting good results that’s why I get help from essay writing service providers they taught me how to write effective essay writing with proper research. They also help me in doing research and they really good team of professional researcher who have years of essay writing experience.