1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The end of the world is nigh?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by PlymouthMaid, Mar 13, 2011.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Well maybe not me personally, but with the likely increase in post-apocalypse teacher absence there'll always be a need for Supply staff won't there? ;-)

2. matthew 24 ; 3, 6-14 '.......sign ....... of the conclusion of the system of things'
    2 Timothy 3 ; 1-7 'In last days critical times hard to deal with wil be here'

3. Is that supposed to mean something?

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Yes, I would suggest that the end of all things would count as a critical time hartd to deal with.
    Saint Timothy, patron saint of the bleeding obvious

5. Keep up coffeekid the tread is 'The end of the world is nigh?' direct quotes from the Bible

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Brilliant, my new role, post-apocalyptic supply teacher, PAST for short!!

7. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Everything seemed a lot more sensational on the bbc than on channel 4 news.....
    Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

my wife reckons that everything has gone wrong since the miienium!
    The world has gone downward ever since...........
    dam i wanted to enjoy my final salery pension.

9. Was feeling quite cheerful up to now ... [​IMG]

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

11. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Well, we never used to see rolling videos of the disasters did we. It helps mobilise charitable donations and show us the horror. I feel we should know but it also feels like we're gawping at a car crash!

12. The world will definitely end, it is not will it happen, but when. I think it has about one billion years of habitable time left for life, before it gets too hot from the expansion of the dying sun.

2036 could see an interesting close encounter with an asteroid.

Yellowstone is long over-due for a major eruption, if the caldera blows big time it will directly destroy much of the USA and send the world into apocalypse. Could be any thousand year's time, but the ground there is rising every year right now, so it is getting ready. Finger.s crossed not in our lifetimes, but it will happen sometime.

The natural events are infrequent, but human kind's population explosion, IMO, will bring about some major problems, and only a matter of decades into the future.

13. mychuck

mychuck New commenter

I've got over 20 years to go until I get my pension [whatever is left of it]. Do you think the world will wait until I 've had chance to 'blow' it all before it blows up? My son is full of the various theories about 'the end of the world' just like I was at his age but I'm still here many years later enjoy all life's fun!!

14. y4me

y4me New commenter

No, I don't think it will wait 20 years, sorry. Might as well blow your salary whilst you are still earning it...

15. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Serves them right if you ask me.

16. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

What have you got against cockroaches?

17. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Yes but not that far away, near Naples, is another volcano just waiting. Pozzuoli (Spelling??) is rising visibly every year.

18. Oh well if the world's gonna end I won't bother taking my library books back then.

19. You should return your library books: the end of the world is not nigh, but the due back date is!

20. I say, " Eat, drink and be merry" For tomorrow, we die.
    What else do you need to know?