1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

the email along with your CV ...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by izza, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Ok it sounds a bit like a silly little request but I am actually really stuck ! please help :I want to send an email to the headmaster of a school a friend of mine strongly recommended to me , however they haven't got any job vacancies AT THE MOMENT > How would you phrase this email ?
    I would be extremely grateful if you could jot down a few of your ideas ...
    thanks a lot

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, not sure if it will ever reach the eyes of the Head! Their PA/secretary is probably trained to 'weed out' such correspondance.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, this is not going to be what you wanted to hear.
    I am suggesting that you don't bother.
    Why?
    Because when they do have a vacancy, do you think that they will say "Now, we won't bother advertising because someone sent us a CV by e-mail, and although we are not supposed to accept CVs for applying for a job, we'll just appoint this candidate".
    Or even: "Well, we are going to advertise this post, so we'll try and find that e-mail from somebody or other and tell them about the job. I don't expect they will actually look out for the advert and apply if we don't do that"
    See what I mean? [​IMG]
    Assuming that the Head even gets to see it - the secretary is usually paid to ensure that all such spam (sorry!) is deleted before he opens his in-box.
    So instead you should be keeping your eyes peeled for any jobs advertised. Best way to do this is to set up a Job Alert here on the TES:
    * * * * How to set up a Job Alert * * * *Not the answer that you wanted, but I hope it was nonetheless helpful.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com