1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The education system is imploding. It is an utter mess.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Kenmuir1, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Kenmuir1

Kenmuir1 New commenter

The government have made all aspects of education in every way a profession that makes me physically sick even thinking about it. It's being driven into the rocks.
    No work, micro managed to the nth degree, no job security, corrupt senior management, no jobs and the intense bullying culture. Disgusting.
    The terrifying, ugly, grim and unpalatable reality is that it is finished. Anyone who wants to be a teacher or remain in this foul profession is completely stupid in every way.

schoolsout4summer likes this.
  2. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

Unfortunately some people have no choice.

Bad day?
    Agree with you and there are many others that do see education news thread.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
  4. Kenmuir1

Kenmuir1 New commenter

It is not pointless.
    It is fact crumbling, and deluded fools need to wake up to the grim reality.
    It is the fault of those idiots who voted conservative. How can such people sleep at night?
    I live in hope that anyone who voted Tory feels seriously guilty and ashamed. They ought to.
    It is unquestioning robots who do not see what a pharce it all is that do not help matters either.

5. PizzoCalabro

PizzoCalabro Established commenter

[QUOTE="Kenmuir1, post: 11574218, member: 6964698.
    pharce.[/QUOTE]
    ???

6. elvispenhaligon

elvispenhaligon Occasional commenter

A lot of people with their feet under the table are having a joyous time. Sure, the nasty party are squeezing everything and it's not as cushy as it was, however, would you rather be digging a pit on the minimum wage?

It is fuc*ed and there is no way around it, but leaving. The whole public sector is nearing the end of it's period....it's epoch. Now things are about to get a lot worse. You can either see it for what it is and move within that habitat, or top yourself, or emigrate.

I look back at my teaching days fondly. It was most certainly not "work" in the sense of the word I now understand, running my own business in a cut throat habitat.