1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The dreaded school role play!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by cbenny1483, Oct 28, 2011.

1. As always, playing schools is the role play of the day! I have tried setting up new role play areas, these usually work for a week or so but a group of girls always go back to schools.
    I am in two minds about them playing schools - they love it so much and they are so engaged, but ... I am worried they are always playing the same thing and not challenging themselves.
    I would be interested to hear what other people do about this? Do you let them play it unchecked? Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to encorporate challenge/ extend them in this play (they are the bright girls)? What do people do about the mess!!!! - (my chair is always a wreck when I get back to it - even though they have things they are allowed to play with and things they aren't!!)
    Thanks in advance!

2. sadika

sadika New commenter

It's a great way for them to practice and consolidate their learning - it often mimics what you have done with them (and they often mimic you - which can be pretty amusing ... (and other things!)