1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The Donkey Sanctuary

Discussion in 'School trips' started by TheDonkeySanctuary, Sep 29, 2015.

1. TheDonkeySanctuary

TheDonkeySanctuary New commenter

Visit The Donkey Sanctuary HQ at Sidmouth, Devon and enjoy an educational and engaging experience focussed on animal care / welfare and habitats.
    • Flexible programme with agreed objectives
    • Free entrance and parking
    • Hands on donkey experience
    • Under cover lunch area by agreement
    • Donkey grooming, stable management, nature centre, woodland walks, maze,
    • Resources to support the visit on TES:
    https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/the-donkey-sanctuary-visit-guide-ks1-2-6446647
    Further animal habitat resources also available.

Enquiries: carl.wholey@thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk 01395 573039

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I have visited and supported this donkey sanctuary and if I were unfortunate enough to come back in the next life as a donkey..... this is where I would pray to be ! They do wonderful work for donkeys and it is lovely to see elderly and sometimes abused donkeys living out their retirement in friendship groups in immaculate pastures or deep comfortable needed barns.
    The really nice point was seeing a donkey with the same name as the Head evident on its collar..... it was a great opportunity for some revenge photo taking but I thought the better of it as the evidence trail would have led to me !

sabrinakat likes this.
  3. TheDonkeySanctuary

TheDonkeySanctuary New commenter

Many thanks for your support Helen.

4. ParisianPearl

ParisianPearl Occasional commenter

The donkey sanctuary is a great place for a school trip.

5. danpardoe

danpardoe New commenter

I've visited the Donkey Sanctuary in Sutton Park, just outside of Birmingham. Absolutely brilliant place with great staff, highly recommended.

6. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Sounds great.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Donkey sanctuary gets a thumbs up from me as well. When my sons were small they both sponsored donkeys and we visited them whenever we could.

The donkeys that is, not our sons!