1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

The death of the Early Years forum.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Feb 21, 2016.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

It used to be an exciting place, with rucks galore as people who cared about little ones argued the toss.. Now it's all about baselines, etc. What a shame.

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Data data data data.......no room for unique individuals growing and developing at their own pace any more.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. inky

inky Lead commenter

It's a shame that the EY forum is viewed as such a minority interest.

4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

it isn't. but nowadays, it's a downwards extension of ks1.

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

The primary forum is not much better.all about desperation for ideas, superb lesson observation plans and phonics.

6. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I haven't been on for years, it got too depressing for the reasons mentioned as did teaching in EYs in some schools.

7. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

Being retired and doing supply teaching in Early Years is still a happy experience, but I feel for the regular teachers.

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I can't speak for all subject forums as I don't visit many of them, but the D&T forum died the death after the site change. Prior to the change, it was fairly lively, but pretty much all there is now is one or two posters per month asking "Is there anyone there?"

You'd find more chances of discussion taking place on TES Australia, and that's saying something.

I wouldn't mind being paid a pension to moderate that site, I can tell you that for nothing.